Would you want a Breakdown sequel/reboot for this generation?

#1N7SpectrePosted 2/22/2014 5:48:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWPQT4jsq8

It's been 10 years since this somewhat obscure game came out for the original Xbox, and here I am wondering why MS hasn't considered reviving it (Been hoping for some news during the Xbox 360's cycle to no avail).

Sure, it had a lot of flaws in terms of gameplay mechanics, but it tried to innovate on things that most first-person games never covered or would cover years later (Ex: Complex hand-to-hand combat, parkour, detailed interaction with your environment, etc...)

If given the right studio, I'm sure this IP could make a strong comeback. Hell, I think this could be a better Xbox One exclusive than Titanfall even!
---
"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is MORE COWBELL!!!"
#2N7Spectre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 1:53:13 PM
Hmm, nearly a day later and not a single response. Maybe this game is a lot more obscure than I thought...
---
#3aheroafakePosted 2/23/2014 2:28:02 PM
I would like a sequel/reboot/remake. I never got to finish the copy I had for the original Xbox. I got stuck at some part in the game, kept on getting killed no matter how many times I tried to beat the section I was at, and so I just gave up.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#4DvoloS88Posted 2/23/2014 2:43:36 PM
N7Spectre posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWPQT4jsq8

It's been 10 years since this somewhat obscure game came out for the original Xbox, and here I am wondering why MS hasn't considered reviving it (Been hoping for some news during the Xbox 360's cycle to no avail).

Sure, it had a lot of flaws in terms of gameplay mechanics, but it tried to innovate on things that most first-person games never covered or would cover years later (Ex: Complex hand-to-hand combat, parkour, detailed interaction with your environment, etc...)

If given the right studio, I'm sure this IP could make a strong comeback. Hell, I think this could be a better Xbox One exclusive than Titanfall even!

Dude you just brought back MEMORIES, breakdown was the definition of a sleeper hit. Halo and this game were the two games that turned me into an fps nut. I would like a remake so it can get on peoples radar, then sequels... I completely forgot aboutthat game until now THANKS.
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#5DvoloS88Posted 2/23/2014 2:46:17 PM
N7Spectre posted...
Hmm, nearly a day later and not a single response. Maybe this game is a lot more obscure than I thought...

Most people probably haven't heard or remember Breakdown, this dead topic proves that. What a shame.
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#6Foxx3kPosted 2/23/2014 2:48:04 PM
I didn't care for Breakdown.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#7N7Spectre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 3:22:54 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
Dude you just brought back MEMORIES, breakdown was the definition of a sleeper hit. Halo and this game were the two games that turned me into an fps nut. I would like a remake so it can get on peoples radar, then sequels... I completely forgot aboutthat game until now THANKS.

^Yeah, I remember playing Halo 1 and 2 thinking: "Man, I wish the Master Chief could high kick an Elite in the face and actually be able to climb up platforms that he'd normally couldn't grab. Plus, one of my biggest peeves about the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games was that you couldn't see your character eat or drink in first person.
---
#8Santo3485Posted 2/23/2014 3:29:11 PM(edited)
Nah man, I'd want a sequel to Spike Out with 4 player online mode. That game rocked at the arcades and I still got my copy on the first Xbox console.

Edit: I too still own Breakdown
---
It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma
#9pwnater777Posted 2/23/2014 3:40:05 PM
I want HL3 this generation.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#10aheroafakePosted 2/23/2014 3:44:39 PM
pwnater777 posted...
I want HL3 this generation.

So do I, and I also want L4D 3 and TF 3. But we all know that Valve has a little trouble when it comes to releasing a third sequel for their games. I don't even think they've released Half Life 2: Episode 3 yet.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |