What makes a "gamer"?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What makes a "gamer"?

User Info: nb003_99

nb003_99
2 years ago#1
For me, it was beating Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.
What makes a "gamer" in your eyes?
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
2 years ago#2
Someone who enjoys playing games. Be it board games, card games, video games, etc. If it is among your main hobbies, I'd call you a gamer.
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539

User Info: nb003_99

nb003_99
2 years ago#3
SunDevil77 posted...
Someone who enjoys playing games. Be it board games, card games, video games, etc. If it is among your main hobbies, I'd call you a gamer.

Good answer.

What is your "proudest" video game accomplishment?

(Didn't beat Tyson till 88 or so...)
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
2 years ago#4
Anyone who plays various games, a lot. Typically games more than 8 hours a week minimum.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: xmonkeyofevil

xmonkeyofevil
2 years ago#5
SunDevil77 posted...

This. If you have to come up with any answer other than "play games" then I think your heart is in the wrong place.
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
2 years ago#6
nb003_99 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Good answer.

What is your "proudest" video game accomplishment?

(Didn't beat Tyson till 88 or so...)

I'd say getting level 50 in Halo 3 by honest means. That took forever.
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539

User Info: WeirdShroom

WeirdShroom
2 years ago#7
Someone that plays and enjoys a variety of games and immerses yourself in the culture and/or community.

If you only play COD or Sports games, you're not a gamer. You're a dude/chick that likes video games.

Just like there is a difference between people that like movies and movie buffs.
GT: BxB402 - "NOPE"

User Info: xcvsfd

xcvsfd
2 years ago#8
A Gamer is someone who enjoys playing games and appreciates everything that gaming has to offer.
KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNN

User Info: Sza11

Sza11
2 years ago#9
Won't touch any game that isn't 1080p/60fps

User Info: darkphiresage

darkphiresage
2 years ago#10
imo, anyone who plays videogames as a hobby. doesn't matter if you're hardcore or casual, or what system you have. it doesn't matter even if all you have is a smartphone, if you download FFT, tetris, clash of clans, or even angry birds, as long as you game for the pleasure and not just with the intention to pass time quicker, I consider you a gamer.

I don't really consider people who play card/board games, gamers. I'm not sure what i'd call them, but for me, the term is synonymous with computer electronic gaming.
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What makes a "gamer"?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived