why cant we fully disable ads?

#11OUberLordPosted 2/22/2014 7:40:26 PM
bessy67 posted...
OUberLord posted...
I've yet to notice the ads.

There are 3 recommended (which I actually like since they usually show new stuff in the store) and while in the store there is one small tile ad. Pretty unobtrusive IMO.

Wow, *those* are what people are talking about? That seems like a bit of a stretch.
#12langystarPosted 2/22/2014 7:48:00 PM
OUberLord posted...
I've yet to notice the ads.

---
Blue Falcon Actual, Jimmy Amos
#13aszsithPosted 2/22/2014 11:35:55 PM
Why should a company be allowed to attempt to make revenue and alert potential customers of the products and services they offer? How dare they advertise available products to you!

Really? This is now a complaint? Ads?

There are ads on literally every single service I can think of. I pay for cable, and yet I'm currently watching a commercial. Youtube videos have ads. Your free email even gets spam ads. This very site has ads. That's how it works.

I bet the people complaining about this would complain that they can't find the item they are looking for because it wasn't being advertised on the front page.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#14Miiri0Posted 2/22/2014 11:37:39 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
It should be an option. I paid for the console and order no ads.

I know all console systems are doing it, but 360 set a bad precedent. I remember having beautiful banjo themes, now it's totally gone from all ms consoles.

If you think about it. xbone is like >50%inferior to ps4 and yet its $100 more expensive. Why? because you can enjoy the ads on this tvbox!
#15HellsControllerPosted 2/22/2014 11:45:24 PM
aszsith posted...
Why should a company be allowed to attempt to make revenue and alert potential customers of the products and services they offer? How dare they advertise available products to you!

Really? This is now a complaint? Ads?

There are ads on literally every single service I can think of. I pay for cable, and yet I'm currently watching a commercial. Youtube videos have ads. Your free email even gets spam ads. This very site has ads. That's how it works.

I bet the people complaining about this would complain that they can't find the item they are looking for because it wasn't being advertised on the front page.

This guy sounds like someone who would be okay with on disc dlc.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#16RenamonPosted 2/23/2014 1:16:08 AM
So would the people that are against ads rather they pay more? Instead of the regular rate for 1 year of XBL being $60, would they rather it be $100? Yes? Ok then we'll have people saying that $100 a year is too much and MS will try to find ways to lower the price by ... wait for it ... putting ads back in.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#17ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/23/2014 1:18:49 AM
At least they're not as bad as they were with the 360. I had a problem with the 360 ads, the XB1 aren't too bad.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#18Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/23/2014 1:27:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19danny50Posted 2/23/2014 1:34:41 AM
Because Microsoft
#20rpgianPosted 2/23/2014 1:38:59 AM
Ads are ok on a free service or if its part of the package to drive the cost down like getting a magazine for a buck a month but when you pay then its not so good.

Would you accept it if your dishwasher told you how yummy this brand of blue powder is and how you should feed it to it often along with all the other fine products from the kindly company and wouldn't close until the message ran (for safety reasons of course) every time you opened it for a load?

Anyone who defends ads should be concreted in the sidewalk in the middle of a Japanese shopping district listening to the same thing on a musical loop until a kindly homeless man comes and does you in for mercy.