why cant we fully disable ads?

#21SoulTrapperPosted 2/23/2014 1:59:19 AM
You knew this before launch.

Microsoft even said it themselves:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbox-one-built-with-advertising-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/

“On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, it’s not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash.

One source called the development of adverts for Xbox One “exciting”, because, “the 360 console wasn’t built with advertising in mind, it was more of an afterthought, so we’ve had to adapt to the technology and how we work to fit them in to the console, whereas this new one is going to have advertising in mind.

This entire console was build around advertising.
#22FinzFan4lifePosted 2/23/2014 2:34:13 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbox-one-built-with-advertising-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/

“On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, it’s not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash.

One source called the development of adverts for Xbox One “exciting”, because, “the 360 console wasn’t built with advertising in mind, it was more of an afterthought, so we’ve had to adapt to the technology and how we work to fit them in to the console, whereas this new one is going to have advertising in mind.

Sony has patents to interupt games for ads.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#23SoulTrapperPosted 2/23/2014 2:36:09 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Sony has patents to interupt games for ads.

That's great, but this is the xbox board and I'm not here to defend Sony.
#24Miiri0Posted 2/23/2014 3:38:47 AM
Because if you can pay $100 more for an inferior products why dont make ads infested too.
#25CaIiber345Posted 2/23/2014 3:48:54 AM
I turn on my video game console to get away from the everyday things in life. I don't need or want to be reminded of car insurance, clothing, other entertainment media, etc. that I'm already bombarded with everywhere else. (I'm referring to 360 in this case because I do not have Xbox One.)
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 15
#26anonymous46773Posted 2/23/2014 3:48:57 AM
Yomonachi posted...
Technically, they bring in revenue to make your online experience better.

That's what you're paying when you get Gold. Ads are a bit greedy.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#27lunchbox2042Posted 2/23/2014 5:38:28 AM
You pay for gold to use all of the online services and you get ads on top of paying for that already.
#28rusty12000Posted 2/23/2014 6:32:55 AM
The 360 was really bad for that.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#29CyberneticRatPosted 2/23/2014 6:34:17 AM
I ask the same thing when I watch cable TV.

And those actually interrupt your program rather than being a small tile on the home screen.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#30ILikesCheesePosted 2/23/2014 6:38:38 AM
I thought TC was talking about those annoying Gamefaqs ads.

:)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?