why cant we fully disable ads?

#41bob15xPosted 2/23/2014 7:16:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42Miiri0Posted 2/23/2014 7:23:20 AM
bob15x posted...
Miiri0 posted...
teh1337gosu posted...
It should be an option. I paid for the console and order no ads.

I know all console systems are doing it, but 360 set a bad precedent. I remember having beautiful banjo themes, now it's totally gone from all ms consoles.

If you think about it. xbone is like >50%inferior to ps4 and yet its $100 more expensive. Why? because you can enjoy the ads on this tvbox!

i think you are working hard to become the dumbest sony pony on gamefaqs. You really are doing well.

You make people that support Sony look bad.

I am glad you are in love with ads infested/more expensive inferior console . Good for you. Microsoft should give you medal. lol
#43ElPolloDiablo87Posted 2/23/2014 7:23:58 AM
Miiri0 posted...
bob15x posted...
Miiri0 posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

I know all console systems are doing it, but 360 set a bad precedent. I remember having beautiful banjo themes, now it's totally gone from all ms consoles.

If you think about it. xbone is like >50%inferior to ps4 and yet its $100 more expensive. Why? because you can enjoy the ads on this tvbox!

i think you are working hard to become the dumbest sony pony on gamefaqs. You really are doing well.

I am glad you are in love with ads infested/more expensive inferior console . Good for you. Microsoft should give you medal. lol

There are more ads on PS4.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#44axelfooley2k5Posted 2/23/2014 7:29:04 AM
bob15x posted...
Miiri0 posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

refute dont insult.
its more like 20-33% i think

stop policing You make people that support MS look bad
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#45aszsithPosted 2/23/2014 10:17:09 AM
HellsController posted...
aszsith posted...
Why should a company be allowed to attempt to make revenue and alert potential customers of the products and services they offer? How dare they advertise available products to you!

Really? This is now a complaint? Ads?

There are ads on literally every single service I can think of. I pay for cable, and yet I'm currently watching a commercial. Youtube videos have ads. Your free email even gets spam ads. This very site has ads. That's how it works.

I bet the people complaining about this would complain that they can't find the item they are looking for because it wasn't being advertised on the front page.

This guy sounds like someone who would be okay with on disc dlc.

No. I'm just an adult who doesn't cry because a commercial crossed into my field of vision.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#46WinternovaPosted 2/23/2014 10:26:04 AM
aheroafake posted...
Yomonachi posted...
Technically, they bring in revenue to make your online experience better.

Wtf are you talking about? You don't have a visible Xbox Live Gamertag, you must be talking out of your ass. Where does my money for an XBL Gold subscription go then? Pray tell.

Ads help keep the price down for Xbox LIVE Gold. They're unobtrusive on the Xbox One and every single "ad" that I've seen has been gaming-related. I don't see why children whine about this all the f***ing time.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#47gobuffalo30Posted 2/23/2014 11:29:45 AM
Winternova posted...
aheroafake posted...
Yomonachi posted...
Technically, they bring in revenue to make your online experience better.

Wtf are you talking about? You don't have a visible Xbox Live Gamertag, you must be talking out of your ass. Where does my money for an XBL Gold subscription go then? Pray tell.

Ads help keep the price down for Xbox LIVE Gold. They're unobtrusive on the Xbox One and every single "ad" that I've seen has been gaming-related. I don't see why children whine about this all the f***ing time.

Just to point it out that what you're saying is gold would cost more than it already does, with all the services requiring good online. So is the service worth $75 or even $100 when the competitor offers things for free and is less?
#48Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/23/2014 11:43:51 AM
Do people in this topic somehow not pay for cable TV that has commercials or buy tickets for movies that have trailers?
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#49flame030191Posted 2/23/2014 11:48:21 AM
teh1337gosu posted...

Unless you're talking about the "What's New" options the PS3, PS4, Vita, 3DS, and Wii U have, then no, they do not have ads. I find those things they advertise on that to be system related and, as such, belong on the system (such as advertising PS+ free games or a discount on a digital title).

The 360 and X1 are so far the only consoles I have found advertisements for completely unrelated items, such as Chef Boyardee and Kia Motors. Those are the ads I find no room for. Show them on any console that doesn't have a paid subscription for that account, and I won't care, but when they are taking up the screen after I paid the $60 for XBL Gold, then it gets a bit aggravating.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD
#50casper316Posted 2/23/2014 12:16:15 PM
flame030191 posted...
teh1337gosu posted...

Unless you're talking about the "What's New" options the PS3, PS4, Vita, 3DS, and Wii U have, then no, they do not have ads. I find those things they advertise on that to be system related and, as such, belong on the system (such as advertising PS+ free games or a discount on a digital title).

The 360 and X1 are so far the only consoles I have found advertisements for completely unrelated items, such as Chef Boyardee and Kia Motors. Those are the ads I find no room for. Show them on any console that doesn't have a paid subscription for that account, and I won't care, but when they are taking up the screen after I paid the $60 for XBL Gold, then it gets a bit aggravating.

do you even actually own an xbox one? you are basing this off of the 360. I have yet to see any advertisement on the xbox one for anything that's not related for something that can not be obtained on the console.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316