Why was the lack of backward compat not a deal breaker for you?

#21Arius_de_GaldriPosted 2/23/2014 9:21:42 AM
I think that a lot of people get bent out of shape about lack of backwards compatibility for no reason. It's not like we've ALWAYS had it, you know? Hell, the PS2 was the first system to really flaunt it (and, in some ways, the only system that was really fully backwards compatible with no real issues). From the 80's up until the PS2 we didn't have that feature, so why are people freaking out about it now?

Plus, I never get rid of an old system anyway.
---
PSN ID: Arius_de_Galdri
3DS FC: 4296-4018-7878
#22Juzten76Posted 2/23/2014 10:01:07 AM
I already have a 360 to play older games and the Xbox One to play new games.
#23regsantotomasPosted 2/23/2014 10:06:00 AM
Backwards compatibility was never a deal breaker. It was a feature of convenience during transition. Furthermore, empirical evidence shows that a small percentage actually take advantage of it.

As many have already stated, I still have my 360(s) so it was not like my 360 games would cease to function once I adopted an Xbox One.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#24slowdog76Posted 2/23/2014 10:08:02 AM
the only time its ever an issue is around now, when there are games coming out still on old systems that I want to play.

personally, not been an issue this time as i kept my 360 to use as a media hub in my bedroom. but yh. when i move on, i move on.
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#25CrysianiaPosted 2/23/2014 10:14:01 AM(edited)
i own a ps3 stil (heck I bought a new one last june or so).

Oops wrong forum, but I guess the same applies.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#26SexyRemasterPosted 2/23/2014 10:29:38 AM
If you can afford a current gen console, don't be stupid and sell your old one for cheap . Sunday pretty stupid to sell your old one for barely anything.

I still own a PS3 but sold 98% of my physical games because PS+ is so awesome. and a Wii(through U) aswell as the U, PS4 and the X1 if I ever choose to open it.
#27RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/23/2014 10:50:18 AM
It would just drive up cost and more to go wrong with the system.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Te7qOd5Go
#28Orange_ApplesPosted 2/23/2014 10:53:55 AM
It doesn't seem to be helping the WiiU any...

I think PS4 has already surpassed WiiU's lifetime sales.
#29teehee23Posted 2/23/2014 10:55:28 AM
Because we have five (5) Xbox360's and will purchase two (2) more by years end and have all our purchased games installed on them.
It's so wonderful.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#30nmercyPosted 2/23/2014 1:50:19 PM
Backwards compatibility wasn't a deal breaker for me, but then again had more games on the PS3 than the 360 so turning it in to get a One didn't hurt too much, though would have been nice.

It may have made a difference for some people if the BC was included as they may have been more likely to trade in their system to take advantage of the great pre-launch trade in specials for a new version knowing that they could still play their games.
---
PSN: NMercy / Xbox GamerTag: N Mercy
Kit's Closet (www.kitscloset.com) - Home of Strawberry Syrup