It's been months now. What are your opinions on the kinect 2?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/23/2014 12:12:28 AM
Title^ - Results (372 votes)
I love it. I think it is relevant to gaming AND other media. It is essential to the experience.
13.98% (52 votes)
I like it. I think it relevant to gaming, but not other media.
0.81% (3 votes)
I like it. I think it is relevant to media/features, but not for gaming.
17.2% (64 votes)
I don't mind it. Having it or not, it wouldn't make a difference to me.
9.95% (37 votes)
I dislike it. I think it is needs to be more relevant to gaming.
4.3% (16 votes)
I dislike it. I think it needs to be more relevant to non-gaming experiences.
1.61% (6 votes)
I hate it. I think it is just a gimmick that derailed the original console design towards a weaker gaming focus.
52.15% (194 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Love it or hate it, we're stuck with it now.

(POINTLESS KINECT RAMBLING) I don't care how much you love it, nobody can deny it's largely responsible for the negativity that the XB1 faces today. As a lot of you know, I've hated this thing from the very beginning. Not the XB1, but the kinect. I think MS was completely out of touch with obvious user interest when throwing immense amounts of money into designing it and forcing it into every bundle. Some admire its novelty, if you can call it that, but most approach gaming with a "no-nonsense" attitude, preferring more consistent and efficient forms of control (gamepads, KB&M, etc). Definitely seems like they tried gambling with the Wii's key to success, but ultimately, failed to realize that they should have stuck to a traditional approach instead.

I've also never understood why some consider it an approach towards innovation. It's not a new idea, and it's not an improvement to anything other than the original kinect. Would you call putting a toaster in a car an innovation too? Just because it is different doesn't mean it's positive change. Personally, I find that consoles should care less about being "innovative" and should worry more about just giving games the chance to innovate instead. A peripheral that adds supplementary actions are not proper tools to increase relevant innovation in games. Power, however, tends to do the trick. Bigger worlds, more NPCs, smarter AI, larger draw distance, etc. Those are very nice things to have in a game. Being able to swap your weapon with a gesture instead of just pressing a button is just the illusion of innovation. Power is, of course, only one example.(/RAMBLING)
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#2INikeOne89Posted 2/23/2014 12:14:09 AM
I actually enjoy using it to control my system, now with playing games? I'll pass
#3Apex-PlayerPosted 2/23/2014 12:28:50 AM
I think it's great, totally relevant and that all future xboxs should be built around it as the main focus.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#4coreydragonPosted 2/23/2014 12:29:39 AM
Solid options in the poll
#5ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 12:31:08 AM
coreydragon posted...
Solid options in the poll

Thanks!
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#6thestickerPosted 2/23/2014 1:10:52 AM
Idk I don't use it
#7MightyMunaPosted 2/23/2014 1:16:47 AM
I believe Kinect is the reason why Xbox One is inferior to PS4 specs wise.

What is really baffling is the device isn't even used or at least meaningfully in games.

Titanfall, Xbox One’s highly anticipated game isn't even using it.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc are probably not going to use it. The device seems useless, more so when you know that if affected the console specs and price.

Xbox One owners don't even care for it, if they are being truthful.

Serious blunder by Microsoft.

Just my opinion.
#8-Oath-Posted 2/23/2014 1:31:58 AM
I just don't understand why they didn't sell it separately. It would definitely be more loved if they did.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#9shauntenninePosted 2/23/2014 2:01:58 AM
MightyMuna posted...
I believe Kinect is the reason why Xbox One is inferior to PS4 specs wise.

What is really baffling is the device isn't even used or at least meaningfully in games.

Titanfall, Xbox One’s highly anticipated game isn't even using it.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc are probably not going to use it. The device seems useless, more so when you know that if affected the console specs and price.

Xbox One owners don't even care for it, if they are being truthful.

Serious blunder by Microsoft.

Just my opinion.

Funny cause they always say "if the ps4 had one then more gamez would it," but even the xbox exclusives are skipping it? Good to know. Only reason I dislike it is because I have a serious distrust for Microsoft and our government and I know what a camera/microphone in your bedroom that's ALWAYS listening can mean. No thanks.
#10Darth_StinkiusPosted 2/23/2014 2:09:00 AM
Ive only used it for one game (XBOX Fitness) and it tracked me fine. I do use the voice commands a lot for recording, snapping and playing/pausing films im watching
---
XBOX 360/One - Darth Stinkius
PS3 - darth_stinkius