It's been months now. What are your opinions on the kinect 2?

#31Gamer4e4Posted 2/23/2014 12:10:41 PM
casper316 posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
Wow another poll dominted by anti X1 people whove probably never sat down and used the kinect 2. Get a life drones...

I guess they will whenever $ony ever releases their vaperware.... eeerrrrrr I mean games for the PS4 for them to play.

It's spelt 'Vapourware'.

If you have to utter these infantile insults, at least spell them right. Another superb product of the American education system huh? :D
#32casper316Posted 2/23/2014 12:45:33 PM
Gamer4e4 posted...
casper316 posted...
DvoloS88 posted...
Wow another poll dominted by anti X1 people whove probably never sat down and used the kinect 2. Get a life drones...

I guess they will whenever $ony ever releases their vaperware.... eeerrrrrr I mean games for the PS4 for them to play.

It's spelt 'Vapourware'.

If you have to utter these infantile insults, at least spell them right. Another superb product of the American education system huh? :D

actually it's spelled "VAPORWARE" so if you're going to correct someone and insult their country of origin I'd suggest you get your facts straight before you go around trying to make fun of someone over a typo you non American chump.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/VAPORWARE?s=t
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#33shauntenninePosted 2/23/2014 1:50:37 PM
casper316 posted...
shauntennine posted...
MightyMuna posted...
I believe Kinect is the reason why Xbox One is inferior to PS4 specs wise.

What is really baffling is the device isn't even used or at least meaningfully in games.

Titanfall, Xbox One’s highly anticipated game isn't even using it.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc are probably not going to use it. The device seems useless, more so when you know that if affected the console specs and price.

Xbox One owners don't even care for it, if they are being truthful.

Serious blunder by Microsoft.

Just my opinion.

Funny cause they always say "if the ps4 had one then more gamez would it," but even the xbox exclusives are skipping it? Good to know. Only reason I dislike it is because I have a serious distrust for Microsoft and our government and I know what a camera/microphone in your bedroom that's ALWAYS listening can mean. No thanks.

I got news for you sony pony, better get rid of your PC, Cellphone, Tablet, PS4 Camera cause those all to the exact same thing.

Really? So my cell phones camera faces my bed while me and my girl have sex? No, didn't think so. So my laptop records everything that happens in my bed? Nope, wrong again (I'm not stupid enough to leave it unfolded facing things).

I refuse to even buy an xbox one while it has kinect and give Microsoft the sales data that another mindless American sheep doesn't mind a big privacy violation. And for once I hope they continue to fall flat on their face so that neither them or any other video game company tries pulling this crap again.
#34Ramsus082Posted 2/23/2014 2:48:33 PM
The Kinect 2 is criminally underutilized considering it's in every XboxOne gamers' home. It's primary benefit so far is arguably UI navigation. There's no good game content which justifies it yet, and I don't see any on the horizon.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#35casper316Posted 2/23/2014 2:53:58 PM(edited)
shauntennine posted...
casper316 posted...
shauntennine posted...
MightyMuna posted...

What is really baffling is the device isn't even used or at least meaningfully in games.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc are probably not going to use it. The device seems useless, more so when you know that if affected the console specs and price.

Just my opinion.

Funny cause they always say "if the ps4 had one then more gamez would it," but even the xbox exclusives are skipping it? Good to know. Only reason I dislike it is because I have a serious distrust for Microsoft and our government and I know what a camera/microphone in your bedroom that's ALWAYS listening can mean. No thanks.

I got news for you sony pony, better get rid of your PC, Cellphone, Tablet, PS4 Camera cause those all to the exact same thing.

Really? So my cell phones camera faces my bed while me and my girl have sex? No, didn't think so. So my laptop records everything that happens in my bed? Nope, wrong again (I'm not stupid enough to leave it unfolded facing things).

I refuse to even buy an xbox one while it has kinect and give Microsoft the sales data that another mindless American sheep doesn't mind a big privacy violation. And for once I hope they continue to fall flat on their face so that neither them or any other video game company tries pulling this crap again.

lol the xbox one does non of these things you speak of. as well as you can opt out of anything the xbox one sends back to MS in the dashboard. so your logic is invalid. but your cellphone camera mic as well as PC mic and camera can be activated without your knowledge at anytime. as well as the NSA has full access to every single file on your computer and the only think that you can do about it is completely disconnect it from the internet.

since you have no xbox one you are clearly uneducated to even speak on this subject, and as for as you going as saying something as stupid as saying PS4 for life $ony signed the same NSA contracts MS did for the PS4 Camera. if you do a little research you would have known that you can disable most if not all the kinect features in the menus of the xbox ones dashboard, hell as far as that goes you don't even have to hook the thing up, so go troll some where else $ony Pony.
---
#36Foxx3kPosted 2/23/2014 2:51:11 PM
It's weaker at voice recognition than Google Now or Siri.
It's motion control does more to take away from my enjoyment than add to it.

That said, I like "Xbox Record That". I like that a lot.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#37pigboyPosted 2/23/2014 2:53:49 PM
MightyMuna posted...

Just my opinion.

This!
#38Ramsus082Posted 2/23/2014 2:54:41 PM
And yeah, I consider it an opportunity cost. It's exclusion probably would have meant an increased budget for graphical components, which it really needed, in my opinion. It's one thing if its mandatory inclusion led to more gaming innovation/implementation, but it hasn't, and that argument just hasn't been validated so far. It was a gamble, a costly one, and while it's far too early to call it a failure, I don't think its too early to say that its failing.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#39LyrmPosted 2/23/2014 2:56:49 PM
I find myself using it a lot more than I thought I would for movies, but not for games.
#40casper316Posted 2/23/2014 2:59:31 PM
pigboy posted...
MightyMuna posted...

Just my opinion.

This!

a lot of games do use it, that has no merit, other then someone opinion which I do respect. what I don't get is why are people saying that the PS4 multiplats are out performing the ones on the Xbox One... as far as them looking slightly better on the PS4 and that includes frames per second, they perform the exact same on both systems... I haven't really seen one game as of yet that hasn't.
---