It's been months now. What are your opinions on the kinect 2?

#41pigboyPosted 2/23/2014 4:27:06 PM
casper316 posted...
pigboy posted...
MightyMuna posted...
I believe Kinect is the reason why Xbox One is inferior to PS4 specs wise.

What is really baffling is the device isn't even used or at least meaningfully in games.

Titanfall, Xbox One’s highly anticipated game isn't even using it.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc are probably not going to use it. The device seems useless, more so when you know that if affected the console specs and price.

Xbox One owners don't even care for it, if they are being truthful.

Serious blunder by Microsoft.

Just my opinion.

This!

a lot of games do use it, that has no merit, other then someone opinion which I do respect. what I don't get is why are people saying that the PS4 multiplats are out performing the ones on the Xbox One... as far as them looking slightly better on the PS4 and that includes frames per second, they perform the exact same on both systems... I haven't really seen one game as of yet that hasn't.

Respectfully disagree.

Majority of Kinect games or Kinect in game features are pretty much just gimmicks that do nothing to enhance the gaming experience. More people used the Kinect for non-gaming related things like turning on the Bone or change TV channels.

I personally don't considered that it is worth it for Microsoft to make such HUGE sacrifice to the Xbon'se hardware to a point that making it significantly weaker than PS4, yet, with a $100 more expensive retail price.

From the point of consumer, it just does not make any sense at all.
#42singhellotakuPosted 2/23/2014 6:10:00 PM
I've been amazed at how useless it is, i hate it.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot
#43IKnowGameFuPosted 2/23/2014 6:16:36 PM
Voice navigation can be cool. Problem is that you don't even need a kinect for that. We've had headsets for years.
---
"you dawg i heard you like watching TV so i put a TV in your TV so you can watch TV while you watch TV" --- the_great_tidus on 360 TV
#44shauntenninePosted 2/23/2014 6:22:43 PM
casper316 posted...
shauntennine posted...
casper316 posted...
shauntennine posted...
MightyMuna posted...
I believe Kinect is the reason why Xbox One is inferior to PS4 specs wise.

What is really baffling is the device isn't even used or at least meaningfully in games.

Titanfall, Xbox One’s highly anticipated game isn't even using it.

Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc are probably not going to use it. The device seems useless, more so when you know that if affected the console specs and price.

Xbox One owners don't even care for it, if they are being truthful.

Serious blunder by Microsoft.

Just my opinion.

Funny cause they always say "if the ps4 had one then more gamez would it," but even the xbox exclusives are skipping it? Good to know. Only reason I dislike it is because I have a serious distrust for Microsoft and our government and I know what a camera/microphone in your bedroom that's ALWAYS listening can mean. No thanks.

I got news for you sony pony, better get rid of your PC, Cellphone, Tablet, PS4 Camera cause those all to the exact same thing.

Really? So my cell phones camera faces my bed while me and my girl have sex? No, didn't think so. So my laptop records everything that happens in my bed? Nope, wrong again (I'm not stupid enough to leave it unfolded facing things).

I refuse to even buy an xbox one while it has kinect and give Microsoft the sales data that another mindless American sheep doesn't mind a big privacy violation. And for once I hope they continue to fall flat on their face so that neither them or any other video game company tries pulling this crap again.

lol the xbox one does non of these things you speak of. as well as you can opt out of anything the xbox one sends back to MS in the dashboard. so your logic is invalid. but your cellphone camera mic as well as PC mic and camera can be activated without your knowledge at anytime. as well as the NSA has full access to every single file on your computer and the only think that you can do about it is completely disconnect it from the internet.

since you have no xbox one you are clearly uneducated to even speak on this subject, and as for as you going as saying something as stupid as saying PS4 for life $ony signed the same NSA contracts MS did for the PS4 Camera. if you do a little research you would have known that you can disable most if not all the kinect features in the menus of the xbox ones dashboard, hell as far as that goes you don't even have to hook the thing up, so go troll some where else $ony Pony.

Wait, wait, wait. So you understand the reach that the NSA has and also understand that our cell phone mics/cameras can be activated remotely without the user ever knowing but you deny that the kinect falls under the same abuses?

If so, you're kidding yourself bro. And the main difference between Microsofts and Sonys cameras is that one is mandatory and one is not.

Also, Microsoft works a lot closer with the NSA than does Sony. See "prism program" to be informed of that fact.

As my dad said to me regarding the topic: "sure, Sony may have a backdoor for them... But Microsoft is the front door." But hey, honestly, I'm happy that you're at least aware of the NSA's reach into our lives. For that, I'll give you respect.
#45gogogodzillaPosted 2/23/2014 8:38:07 PM(edited)
casper316 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
casper316 posted...
if you're using the dashboard for the first time, you're telling me it's faster to navigate to the friends list with the controller of the xbox one then to say "Xbox go to friends" which I might add you have to go through 2 different menus with the controller and the voice command will take you straight to it, so yeah YOU ARE INDEED A FOOL!

1) What part of "it only takes longer because they designed it that way" did you not understand? If the kinect wasn't in the picture, accessing key console features would have probably been streamlined, like it is in most other devices that are properly designed.

2) "If you're using the dashboard for the first time" you mean before or after you take the time to memorize the command script? Not to mention all the times you'll probably be off by a word or two or the kinect will simply fail to read what you say. Yeah, totally better than a controller, lol.

Now get out of my face, fanboy. If you're happy paying an extra $100-$150 because of menu voice commands, then clearly my logic will be wasted with you.

exactly what part of YOU ARE A FOOL do you not understand? it's designed around the kinect. the kinect IS in the picture so get out of my FACE SONY PONY! I was happy paying an extra $100 just like you was happy paying an extra $200 last gen so STFU go play your games or lack there of and leave us alone. I had actually gave examples of other games that use the kinect that's not even kinect games that use it as an added feature that right there is more then $ony has done, so go away FOOL.

Actually, it sounds like you aren't a gamer at all, but someone that uses a gaming console to chat with friends.

Which makes me wonder why you post to a gaming forum.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#46casper316Posted 2/23/2014 10:17:08 PM
gogogodzilla posted...
Actually, it sounds like you aren't a gamer at all, but someone that uses a gaming console to chat with friends.

Which makes me wonder why you post to a gaming forum.

actually dude I was ready to tear into you lol but I thought about what you said, and yeah you're right I don't sound like a "gamer" mainly because I'm 35 years old, I run my own computer repair business out of my home and I use my xbox one which I have in my office for many other things then just gaming. I do play games on it yes, I also watch tv, I skype, for video calls, and a few other things like stream movies that I just happen to download and things.

pigboy posted...
Respectfully disagree.

Majority of Kinect games or Kinect in game features are pretty much just gimmicks that do nothing to enhance the gaming experience. More people used the Kinect for non-gaming related things like turning on the Bone or change TV channels.

I personally don't considered that it is worth it for Microsoft to make such HUGE sacrifice to the Xbon'se hardware to a point that making it significantly weaker than PS4, yet, with a $100 more expensive retail price.

From the point of consumer, it just does not make any sense at all.

honestly man it's cool that's your opinion, have you tried the kinect integration with battlefield 4 though that's actually done really well, can lean to peak around corners where you can't normally do it with the controller, or at least I don't think you can. and when you're in vehicles you can have the head tracking turned on and if your in a jet that is really useful, even in a car at times. calling for ammo and medics is as simple as saying "I need a medic" or "I need Ammo" way easier the the pop up menu if you ask me. and the play calling for NBA 2K14 is great as well. I don't have a PS4 so I don't know if the PS camera does the same thing in Battlefield 4 but I think it's freaking neat on the xbox one version.

shauntennine posted...
Wait, wait, wait. So you understand the reach that the NSA has and also understand that our cell phone mics/cameras can be activated remotely without the user ever knowing but you deny that the kinect falls under the same abuses?

If so, you're kidding yourself bro. And the main difference between Microsofts and Sonys cameras is that one is mandatory and one is not.

Also, Microsoft works a lot closer with the NSA than does Sony. See "prism program" to be informed of that fact.

As my dad said to me regarding the topic: "sure, Sony may have a backdoor for them... But Microsoft is the front door." But hey, honestly, I'm happy that you're at least aware of the NSA's reach into our lives. For that, I'll give you respect.

no, man you misunderstood me I know the kinect could possibility be done that way as well, it just doesn't bother me. I've already allowed the rest of the things in my home whats one more device going to hurt, besides, I don't do anything wrong if obama wants to watch me rub one off every now and then let him lol ****s no skin off my nose.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#47Mr_KillstreakPosted 2/23/2014 10:19:59 PM
Months later and I still don't use it, don't plan on it either.
#48ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 12:08:31 AM
casper316 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
casper316 posted...
if you're using the dashboard for the first time, you're telling me it's faster to navigate to the friends list with the controller of the xbox one then to say "Xbox go to friends" which I might add you have to go through 2 different menus with the controller and the voice command will take you straight to it, so yeah YOU ARE INDEED A FOOL!

1) What part of "it only takes longer because they designed it that way" did you not understand? If the kinect wasn't in the picture, accessing key console features would have probably been streamlined, like it is in most other devices that are properly designed.

2) "If you're using the dashboard for the first time" you mean before or after you take the time to memorize the command script? Not to mention all the times you'll probably be off by a word or two or the kinect will simply fail to read what you say. Yeah, totally better than a controller, lol.

Now get out of my face, fanboy. If you're happy paying an extra $100-$150 because of menu voice commands, then clearly my logic will be wasted with you.

exactly what part of YOU ARE A FOOL do you not understand? it's designed around the kinect. the kinect IS in the picture so get out of my FACE SONY PONY! I was happy paying an extra $100 just like you was happy paying an extra $200 last gen so STFU go play your games or lack there of and leave us alone. I had actually gave examples of other games that use the kinect that's not even kinect games that use it as an added feature that right there is more then $ony has done, so go away FOOL.

Ah, trolling I see. I feel bad for falling for your shenanigans. Touche, you got me.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#49BTM4444Posted 2/24/2014 12:14:20 AM(edited)
I love it for the media and features. Being able to pause/play, turn up/town volume on my netflix show and turn on my system, join a party, and go to my game all with my voice is incredible.

Not really sure with gaming. Some stuff is cool but it's really early!
---
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#50DignidadPosted 2/24/2014 12:22:09 AM
I just use it for the on/off feature and watching movies