Remember how Halo 4 runs 720p?

#31Spetsnaz420Posted 2/23/2014 2:19:22 PM
aszsith posted...
xHughJasx posted...
Saying the Xbox 1 can't perform better than the 360 is an outright lie. I find it hard to believe there are people who actually believe that when the 360 had, no lie, 512 KB of RAM. Xbox One has SIXTEEN times the amount of RAM in it. It may do a few games at 720p, but the graphical fidelity of those games doesn't even come close to what the 360 can do.

Also remember we're at the beginning on this consoles life cycle. Do yourselves a favor, and go look up the first few Xbox 360 games and tell me they don't look awful.

Now now, there's no reason to be logical here. Just use irrational emotions like everyone else or take your intelligent thoughts and get out of here.

Except 360 had 512 MB not KB
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#32xHughJasxPosted 2/23/2014 2:39:33 PM
You're absolutely right. But my statement stands. The Xbox one is way more powerful than the 360. With sixteen times the amount of ram and a GPU and processor leaps and bounds better than 360. Chill people
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#33SolisPosted 2/23/2014 4:50:17 PM
aszsith posted...
ExDios posted...
Because Halo 4 runs on a machine built with technology from 2005. It's 2013 and this new machine cannot do better than the one from 2005. That's why.

My 2013 car doesn't get better gas mileage then my 2005 car did. I guess I should throw a rage fit on a message board.

This example is more equivalent to energy consumption on a console. Which isn't related to actual performance. And the comparison is pretty silly anyway since cars aren't game consoles.

pwnater777 posted...
You mean back (not long ago) when people cared more about games than their resolution? This gen pretty much killed that mindset.

You'd have to go pretty far back to find a time when visuals weren't considered a significant aspect of a console's features.

http://www.scottdecker.com/video_games/intellivision_major_league_baseball_ad.gif
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review