Humans can not see the difference between 1080p and 720p it is absloute fact

#21DarthUchiha91Posted 2/23/2014 8:15:24 AM
ComparisonMan posted...
IGN reviews have so much credibility with me now, letting this absolute truth known.

Anyways, sign here to join the Super Human. How many of you are so amazing you can.. SEE the difference easily.

Hell, when I walk into old peoples houses, I notice when they have the resolution set wrong and fix it from first glance.

I will. It's nice knowing my eyes are superior to most humans.
---
The best thing about being a schizophrenic is that I don't have to eat lunch alone- DarthUchiha91
#22aluminafalconPosted 2/23/2014 8:16:02 AM
Picture quality techincally depends on four factors, resolution,screen size, distance from screen,and visión of the person watching. For example a person with 20/20 cant notice a difference between 720 and 1080 of a 40 in set at 8 feet( use google there is an interesting chart for this). If you sit closer ,want a larger tv or have better eyesight the upgrade to 1080 make sense. Also the transition to uhd occurs at a 65 in set for the dame conditions. It really depends on your living room.
---
fc 2279 7884 6593
#23darknessturbo8Posted 2/23/2014 8:24:58 AM
Shadow_of_Ninja posted...
181stCommander posted...
I have the eyes of Legolas.

Legolas! Where are they taking the Hobbits!?

The hobbits, the hobbits, the hobbits, the hobbits.... to Isengard, to Isengard.
---
My SV = 261 FC = 4570-7620-1556 IGN = Turbo
http://okamiturbo.deviantart.com/
#24roboto_pilotoPosted 2/23/2014 10:12:50 AM
aluminafalcon posted...
Picture quality techincally depends on four factors, resolution,screen size, distance from screen,and visión of the person watching. For example a person with 20/20 cant notice a difference between 720 and 1080 of a 40 in set at 8 feet( use google there is an interesting chart for this). If you sit closer ,want a larger tv or have better eyesight the upgrade to 1080 make sense. Also the transition to uhd occurs at a 65 in set for the dame conditions. It really depends on your living room.

True but the number one factor is TV quality.

I spent weeks researching online and visiting many different stores to compare the picture quality of all the tvs and their brands before deciding on one.

I compared what i was seeing to 1080p and 720p tvs that friends and family own. For example, A friend with a 60' plasma didn't compare to a 40' Samsung LCD. Both 1080p except his had lower tech but cost three times the price of the 40'! No joke.
A different friend bought one of the lastest plasma and it blew away the previously mentioned 40' LCD in terms of quality. He paid top dollar for it though. I've even seen 720p tvs that look better than a budget 1080p. I won't even go into PC monitors but i was considering going that route.

What i have NEVER seen is ANY 720p tv compare to a good/high quality 1080p tv in picture quality.

To say u can't see the difference between the two is just a straight up lie.

I think it's safe to say IGN is full of s***.

Once you see true 1080p quality, you can't "unsee" it. If u don't really know tho...
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#25MightyMunaPosted 2/23/2014 10:33:08 AM
I don't understand.

Is it that after 720p, there's no more discernible difference, meaning 1080p, 4K, 8K are pointless?

Or that resolution in general doesn't matter, meaning we should revert back to 480p or 240p?

If it's the first one, then all TV manufacturers should stop research and development in increasing resolution, all TVs should be made 720p, they'll save a great deal of time and cost.

If it's the second one, then why stop at 480p or 240p, let's all go back to black and white.
#26RagnarokxvPosted 2/23/2014 12:37:38 PM
Stop being ignorant read my topic "Resolution and how it affects you" I actually explain how this all works in an unbiased way.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#27Viet0nePosted 2/23/2014 12:47:24 PM
Humans can't see the difference of running the Xbox One in 720p and 1080p because there is no difference when the rendering resolution is 720p. Upscaling doesn't improve picture quality. Upscaling only minimizes what gets removed from stretching. You can't add what was never there to begin with.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#28tofatoPosted 2/23/2014 1:00:50 PM
KamiKazie44 posted...
I can tell the difference on my 50 inch tv but do I care? No lol.

I don't give a crap about 720p or 1080p. Give me a great game with a solid gameplay/story and I'm happy.

Have the PS4, will have the Xbox One probably holiday season this year. While I can tell the difference it doesn't matter to me. It shouldn't matter to anyone. But fanboys need to mention something to boosts their console and make it sound better

This .... Who cares about resolution
#29BloodyDove2vsPosted 2/23/2014 1:01:01 PM
IGN is also pro-paypal.
---
Ps4 does 1080p with room to spare ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#30DarkAdonis123Posted 2/23/2014 1:08:48 PM
Even if you can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p(which is a preposterous lie), you can see that you're paying $100 more for less performance. Next you'll be saying humans can't see the different a between 30fps and 60fps. All this Xbone damage control is getting more and more desperate by the hour.

Play your console. If it's shortcomings don't bother you, great. But you're kidding yourself if you think people really can't see nearly twice the pixel density. On smaller TVs it's not really noticeable, but it's more than apparent on large TVs.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue