I can see difference in 720p and 1080p on a 20 inch monitor

#21PraetorXynPosted 2/24/2014 6:45:11 AM
Anyone can.

If you set your desktop resolution to 1280x720, you'll notice that everything got much bigger than on 1920x1080.

The same is true for games, and that's why resolution is also a dead giveaway.

The easiest way to tell this is by playing a game with life bars. On PC I played BioShock Infinite (bitter disappointment though it was) at 1920x1080.

The life bars took up a couple of inches in the upper left corner.

Then I watched a youtube video of the console version and the life bars take up nearly half the screen.

Higher resolution lets you see more at one time because things are rendered smaller. This effect is similar to increasing Field of View, most console versions having abysmal FOV's of 70 degrees or lower.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#22xninjagrrlPosted 2/24/2014 6:58:40 AM
I can see the diff on my 15" laptop. Or on my 3.5" phone when I play youtube vids.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#23blitz_0623Posted 2/24/2014 7:03:22 AM(edited)
kennyynnoo posted...
I don't know why people try to deny no difference, there is a slight difference but its just not that big of a deal anyways, never was in the past. People are just trying to find reasons to start an argument and since there are so few games they look at hardware. Were all playing the same games in the end.

There are 3 sides to this. In the left corner, you have xbots denying any kind of difference. In the right corner you have ponies who relentlessly post pics/gifs of the "big" difference. In the middle you have people who don't give a f*** and sadly they are the ones who suffer from the nonstop bickering.

Oh and you also have i**** who don't know jack and call hypocrisy when it really isn't.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#24stargazer1981Posted 2/24/2014 7:11:29 AM
This is why I love topics like this: I'm ignoring 5 users on the first page. These threads bring out the worst posters on the board. Thank you, TC, you're doing the Spaghetti Monster's work.

And I like Pixel Police for 1080p trolls. MDF is unoriginal to describe MS supporters. I liked it better when it was used for Nintendo fans (NDF). Come up with something new (XBOT is old).
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#25garainePosted 2/24/2014 8:20:09 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
This is why I love topics like this: I'm ignoring 5 users on the first page. These threads bring out the worst posters on the board. Thank you, TC, you're doing the Spaghetti Monster's work.

And I like Pixel Police for 1080p trolls. MDF is unoriginal to describe MS supporters. I liked it better when it was used for Nintendo fans (NDF). Come up with something new (XBOT is old).

glad to see someone appreciates originality. I was thinking since they are pixel police ms supporters should be something related to the criminal side of the law. It's a little hard for me to come come up with a name for them since I am one..lol
#26CKnightPosted 2/24/2014 8:29:01 PM
I think the gaming media and most gamers(X1 and PS4) as a whole is tired of the whole resolution debate.

Most of them feel that as long as the game looks good and plays well at the same time that's all that matters.

So what your seeing is a number of gaming media sources saying you really can't tell the difference to it doesn't matter.

While fanboys try and keep the dying flame a fire.

In a few more weeks maybe months and I think all save for the most diehard fanboy or tool would have completely moved on.
---
XBL and PSN - CKnight082
#27GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 9:27:26 PM
stargazer1981 posted...

When i switch my PC games from 720p to 1080p the difference is almost double the resolution.

XB1 is a joke console. Toss it aside, and alas, your future will be elevated immensely
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy