Did xbox one even launch in Japan?

#1knightimexPosted 2/23/2014 6:09:00 AM
I don't remember.

If it didn't would this be a fatal blow to Ms?
There will never be a xbo exclusive game if it was made in a none xbo gaming country unless Ms pays for it in full.
---
X from the Y simulator meme.
I will create.
#2AzarantPosted 2/23/2014 6:13:52 AM
Not yet, it's a tier two country according to Microsoft. To be honest the 360 and the original xbox never took off. I think it's safe to assume Microsoft will focus 99% on North America and Europe. Sony and Nintendo have Japan pretty much sewn up.
---
PSN/XBL - daftchunk
3DS FC - 4570 7616 3839
#3Bladez_89Posted 2/23/2014 6:24:59 AM
So I've heard on the grapevine that all the fanboys thought when the ps4 dropped in Japan it would sell bazillions.

That doesn't actually seem to be the case does it? Where are all the trolls now. Talking frame rates and pixels I guess.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#4AzarantPosted 2/23/2014 6:29:54 AM
Of course it won't sell a huge amount. 200,000 thousand if they're lucky. Console gaming is on the downfall in Japan anyway. It's all mobile and handheld over there.

Also to TC, you won't see many XBO Japanese developed exclusives due to the fact that no one in Japan cares about Xbox. Microsoft paid slot of money last gen for a handful of exclusive Japanese games and they all bombed.

To be fair though, Japanese console games are pretty weak and have been for while.
---
PSN/XBL - daftchunk
3DS FC - 4570 7616 3839
#5LinetrixPosted 2/23/2014 6:36:21 AM
Azarant posted...
Of course it won't sell a huge amount. 200,000 thousand if they're lucky. Console gaming is on the downfall in Japan anyway. It's all mobile and handheld over there.

Also to TC, you won't see many XBO Japanese developed exclusives due to the fact that no one in Japan cares about Xbox. Microsoft paid slot of money last gen for a handful of exclusive Japanese games and they all bombed.

To be fair though, Japanese console games are pretty weak and have been for while.

To be honest, gaming as a whole is on a downfall in Japan. South Korea is much more relevant to gaming than Japan currently.
---
Accusing others of making death threats isn't offensive. Accusing someone of doing 9/11 is because it was in America. - GameFAQs admin