Anyone want an Xbone just for Zoo Tycoon?

#1Happy_RobotPosted 2/23/2014 10:44:17 AM(edited)
I should have my income tax refund this week hopefully, and am considering getting one for Zoo Tycoon. I haven't played a theme park builder since Jurassic Park Operation Genesis on Xbox, and loved that game.
---
D:
#2DarkReign2022Posted 2/23/2014 10:51:11 AM
You could just get it for the 360 as well (or at least try out the demo on there before you make any final decisions)

And thanks a lot for reminding me of Operation Genesis D: IMO, best Theme Park Sim ever built. I really wish they would make a sequel. Just give me the same game with more dinosaurs, more rides, and more utilities. I thought the game was brilliant as is. It just needed more content.
#3Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 10:54:48 AM
The xbox 360 version is apparently missing features compared to the xbone version. I was going to get it for 360 at first, until I found out about that, and decided to wait. And I agree operation genesis is the best theme park sim game made. I wish I didn't sell my xbox games back then. :(
---
D:
#4Lerp85Posted 2/23/2014 10:56:48 AM
A new system is never worth it for one game only. If u plan to buy more than yea. Otherwise no.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#5Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 10:58:10 AM
I'll pick up Forza 5, Thief, and MGS5 at some point this year too if I get one. I can't wait until they deposit my refund in my checking account now!
---
D:
#6DarkReign2022Posted 2/23/2014 11:01:56 AM
Happy_Robot posted...
The xbox 360 version is apparently missing features compared to the xbone version. I was going to get it for 360 at first, until I found out about that, and decided to wait. And I agree operation genesis is the best theme park sim game made. I wish I didn't sell my xbox games back then. :(

Still worth at least trying out the demo first. Make sure you like it and all. But if you're going to get a console for a specific game, you'd better make sure there are other things you want out of it as well. Especially a $500 console. Fortunately it's an 8+ year investment, but the Xbox system also tends to follow a theme with it's exclusives, so if you're into games like Platformers and JRPGs, you're not gonna have a good time. Xbox does, however, seem to be pretty good with Simulators. Games like Tropico and Viva Pinata are always fun. Tropico 5 is coming out soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see another Viva Pinata game in the near future as well.

And I hear ya, man. I regret selling my copy of Operation Genesis way back. I bought a copy for $20, but found out it was a PAL copy and I can't play it. NTSC copies are running upward of $60. I sold my last copy for $120 actually (and still regret it because of how awesome it was.)
#7TheAmazingTrevoPosted 2/23/2014 11:06:32 AM
I bought zoo tycoon as a non-violent alternative to game with my 3-year-old. It feels limited compared to simulators of yesteryear. All of the enclosures are prebuilt for you, and pathways are automatically dropped between them without the ability to change them (even if the placement is terrible). There's about 15 types of giraffes, but no cheetahs, leopards, or jaguars (my daughter's favorite animal). TheY have several types of all of the other animals too, but it feels like you only unlock skin packs rather than unique animal types. You tend to spend more time appeasing the constant demands of the challenge modes rather than shaping the park of your dreams. The kinect functionality is limited, which makes me only use it when they force me too in challenges. Then the biggest complaint is that the menu system is cumbersome and inefficient, forcing you to have to navigate several screens to get to the option you want. Every action is built this way and with the number of actions you do in the game, it's very distracting. Overall, it can be fun, but it's not a reason to drop an extra $500 on a new console as there is no difference between the 360 version (the menus even tell you to press buttons that have been discontinued on the xbox one and are only applicable to 360). If the price is at $30 or less, it could be a fun purchase, but I bought it at $60 and felt a bit robbed. Hope that helps a bit.
#8Happy_Robot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 11:16:37 AM
The 360 version has 50% smaller zoos from what I read, or I would get it on 360. I've heard about some of the other stuff, but it seems like it would still be a fun game to me. I'll d/l the 360 demo today and try it out first though. But I was looking through the games coming out, and there are some other ones I want to get in the future like the wither 3, and dragon age inquisition.
---
D:
#9Edot0Posted 2/23/2014 11:28:25 AM
I gotta admit. I've kinda wanted to buy zoo tycoon as well. Lol don't know if I should or not.
---
GT - Drop a Deuce x / PSN - Drop_a_Deuce_x
95% chance I'm using my iPhone (Grammar)
#10fretless58Posted 2/23/2014 11:29:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shv78wLb18E
---
http://fretless94.deviantart.com/