PS4 owner buying a X1 tomorrow.

#1maoriwarriorPosted 2/23/2014 12:46:00 PM
So, what should I know?

PvZ GW looks sick. What should I know about it?

What games are F2P or free on gold for the X1? how's KI?

Anything and everything please. :)

PS what's the failure rate? Is it as bad as they say?
---
Humans are like trees. We are built to withstand but all are subject to the wind.
#2danwei_20Posted 2/23/2014 12:52:02 PM
Expect install times to suck and to fumble aroound the OS a bit at first. Whatexclusives u getting for it? Assuming youre not buying a X1 for one game.
---
XBL GT-Danwei
PSN-Danwei
#3mike468Posted 2/23/2014 1:05:29 PM
No F2P games at the moment (unless you count the KI demo) for gold members like PSN+, but they are supposed to be coming in the next few months.

KI is great, but expect a hardcore online community to be extremely tough.

Project Spark beta will be starting soon, so if you can get into that that game will be free, regardless

Expect to use voice commands for stuff like game clip recording.

If you are used to an Xbox 360, don't expect all the same features out of the box. They are coming, but aren't in the OS right now.

The failure rate isn't bad at all, from what I can tell.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#4maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 1:12:27 PM
So if I don't buy a game tomorrow there isn't I can play until pvz?
---
Humans are like trees. We are built to withstand but all are subject to the wind.
#5psprulz2007Posted 2/23/2014 1:16:12 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
So if I don't buy a game tomorrow there isn't I can play until pvz?

There are a few demo's you can try. But KI is about the only free game you can play. However given that you get very little "free" it wont keep you interested very long.

I strongly suggest picking up a game with it. Ryse is a short but sweet game. Forza 5 has less content then previous games in the series but it has more then enough to enjoy for awhile.

I also have Madden 25 and Dead Rising 3. I only play Madden with a few friends and DR3 is complete crap imo.
---
GT/PSN- Feelinkorny
Help save a life www.twitch.tv/feelinkorny
#6godslayer61Posted 2/23/2014 1:49:57 PM
I have both also and have nearly all the games for both systems and dead rising is great and a lot of fun plus some great dlc to add more to it , tombraider if you have never played it I own it on the x1 , ps3 and 360 versions because I love that game and wanted to support the company . The Lego game is great the movie one probably the second best Lego game out there behind Lego city undercover and if your into it skylanders it looks great and it has tons of fun but it gets expensive if you want all the figures . The free games well there are none killer instinct is a demo you only get 1 character and it gets boring fast unless you buy the $20 upgrade . the operating system takes getting use to and you will miss how you can highlight the game on the ps4 and have a bunch of info like friends , records , trophies , dlc . But I love the x1 and ps4 they are both good systems also a must buy on anysystem thief on the 25th
---
psn-kish1975 ---- (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975---3ds=name, kish1975-FC-5386-9140-2291 ---http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#7Ironman06Posted 2/23/2014 1:51:49 PM
Failure rate isn't bad at all I wouldn't worry about it. I don't believe there are any f2p games yet with games with gold, but there are games that can be accessed through internet explorer. I believe there are a few threads on this forum that could point them out to you. Otherwise KI is amazing, you'll love it. Congrats on your new system, I really hope you enjoy it.
#8maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 1:56:08 PM
So what's all good about garden warfare? What's the main modes? Etc.
---
#9ExarOsPosted 2/23/2014 2:11:44 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
So what's all good about garden warfare? What's the main modes? Etc.

Just go to their website and look it up. Garden Warfare isn't out until Tuesday but I've watched several MP and Co-op game videos and it looks fresh and exciting. It reminds me a lot of Team Fortress. The game modes I have seen are 12v12 team death match, 4 player wave based defense mode (like gears of war mixed with L4D) and a Boss mode where 1 player is a boss that spawns enemies, bombs and other gadgets to try and destroy the players. There is a lot we don't know yet but it looks to be an amazing game.
---
X________________
#10UnhelpfulNPCPosted 2/23/2014 10:14:28 PM
KI is sicknasty. If you buy the full version, get the $40 Ultra edition. You get all the season one characters with their accessories/alternate costumes and a copy of the original KI.

The $20 Combo Breaker edition only has the season one characters.

Those were things to keep in mind in case you decide to buy it.

The online is smooth as a baby Lando Calrissian's behind. I have yet to experience lag for myself.

The game play is great. Quick to figure out what's going on, but you can take the time to master it on a deeper level.

The announcer actually adds to the experience. He hypes you up and makes you feel awesome for pulling off a combo breaker or an ultra, not just stating the obvious like many others do. You can also unlock the original announcer from the series.

Get the free version and try for yourself. You get access to all the game modes, but you get one character that switches every couple weeks or do.