PS4 owner buying a X1 tomorrow.

#11plus1zeroPosted 2/23/2014 11:22:13 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
So, what should I know?

PvZ GW looks sick. What should I know about it?

What games are F2P or free on gold for the X1? how's KI?

Anything and everything please. :)

PS what's the failure rate? Is it as bad as they say?

I have no clue about PvZ myself, but it looks interesting. I'll probably pick it up for $40 since I've got some credit for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Free game is KI. That's it. It's great if you like fighting games but the roster is small. You've gotta pay $20 (?) to get the whole game. Pay $40 and you'll get all costumes and the OG KI. Wish I'd have done this.

I love my X1 but like my PS4 a little more. X1 has better exclusives right now regardless of what people tell you. RYSE, Forza, and DR3 (and with Titanfall coming soon) absolutely kill the turds called Killzone and Knack.

Graphics aren't quite as good. You can tell a difference, but nothing, NOTHING like these people tell you on this board. Ground Zeroes looks like it'll be the first to really tell the difference, but we'll see. I know in CoD Ghosts it wasn't much different.

I was adamantly against the Kinect 2.0. I now really dig the Kinect 2.0, I love being able to say "Xbox volume down" and having it drop or raise volume.

The OS leaves much to be desired. It's clunky with a controller. You'll probably be spoiled by the OS on PS4. It's silky smooth.

Not sure if you had a 360, but a lot of stuff that was standard on the 360 you'll notice is left out of this. Not sure why. We *just* got an update that allowed us to see the battery life and storage usage. No one knows why, but it's dumb.

All in all, the X1 is a great system but you can really tell they had to do a lot to the OS to change all the stuff people hated. After playing around with it I think they had some great ideas that ruined their image thanks to douchebag Don Mattrick and his punchable smirky face and pompous attitude.

Hope you enjoy it. I picked up Strider tonight because it supposedly runs a little better on X1 (Double Helix also made KI so they've got more familiarity with the system) and it's so much fun.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#12LordcrabfoodPosted 2/23/2014 11:33:37 PM
WOW I am shocked, a positive thread on the X1 board with actual legit complaints that are not blown out of proportion.
#13JonnyBigBossPosted 2/23/2014 11:50:48 PM
Have fun. Try out the voice commands, they're convenient. Also, Forza and Dead Rising 3 are the best next gen games so far.

Feel free to add me so you have an active XB1 friend.
---
Xbox Live: MrJonnyBigBoss
Steam, PSN, & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss