Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Is "Always Online" On Xbox, Won't Work Offline

#11MuryoPosted 2/23/2014 9:48:03 PM
"but....but....... MS promissed us no DRM after they forced us to conect the X1 to the Internet to remove it!"
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#12MashYouGoodPosted 2/23/2014 9:48:28 PM
aheroafake posted...
Microtransactions are always a bad thing.
#13Maverick_ReznorPosted 2/23/2014 9:50:03 PM
Muryo posted...
"but....but....... MS promissed us no DRM after they forced us to conect the X1 to the Internet to remove it!"

Microsoft /=/ EA
---
Currently Playing : Bravely Default and Darks Souls
Looking Forward To: Destiny, DKC:TF, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#14OkayPlayer1Posted 2/23/2014 9:50:31 PM
MashYouGood posted...
aheroafake posted...
Microtransactions are always an optional thing.
#15aheroafakePosted 2/23/2014 9:50:40 PM
MashYouGood posted...
aheroafake posted...
Microtransactions sometimes are a bad thing.

Fix'd.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#16bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 2/23/2014 9:51:50 PM
Aceviper posted...
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
Aceviper posted...
It will also feature microtransactions and it seems to focus on multiplayer.

/EA

any game where microtransactions is a feature is a game I don't buy. I was actually looking forward to this one too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/21/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-launching-without-microtransactions

hmm, doesn't make it better

only not at launch? I saw how Plants vs Zombies 2 got screwed over by new microtransactions after launch

There could be no microtransactions at all. They only said that so it would open the possibility later on. Plus lots of games have microtransactions that don't ruin the game. Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 are good examples.
---
Don't Blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't Blink. Good Luck.
#17casper316Posted 2/23/2014 9:54:34 PM
Muryo posted...

please mr. I've had my xbox ever since the second week of December, please tell me where is this mysterious DRM you speak of?
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#18toxboxPosted 2/23/2014 11:49:37 PM
Top_Bloke posted...
The Xbox One version, for which you are in the forum of, has an offline mode.

That article seems to have an agenda against the game, or EA, as they straight out mention there are micro-transactions multiple times - like they're a bad thing, when it has been stated there won't be micro-transactions, at launch at least.

This guy is correct - that article is inaccurate in terms of the Xbox One version.

It sucks for 360 owners who miss out on offline and it's an interesting choice that offline seems to be X1 exclusive. Here's your evidence - scroll down to features:

http://www.ea.com/uk/plants-zombies-garden-warfare
---
PSN: Skrzak
Xbox Live Username: Grimewavve
#19PulpPosted 2/24/2014 11:09:03 AM
bLiNdSnIpErZ20 posted...
There could be no microtransactions at all. They only said that so it would open the possibility later on. Plus lots of games have microtransactions that don't ruin the game. Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3 are good examples.

....LOL.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#20Special-EddPosted 2/24/2014 11:18:22 AM
toxbox posted...
Top_Bloke posted...
The Xbox One version, for which you are in the forum of, has an offline mode.

That article seems to have an agenda against the game, or EA, as they straight out mention there are micro-transactions multiple times - like they're a bad thing, when it has been stated there won't be micro-transactions, at launch at least.

This guy is correct - that article is inaccurate in terms of the Xbox One version.

It sucks for 360 owners who miss out on offline and it's an interesting choice that offline seems to be X1 exclusive. Here's your evidence - scroll down to features:

http://www.ea.com/uk/plants-zombies-garden-warfare

Glad someone beat me to the punch on this one. The 360 version is also $30 dollars as opposed to $40.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One