What game do you think defined last gen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game do you think defined last gen?

User Info: garcia_jx

3 years ago#1
With so many great games last gen, both on Xbox 360 and PS3, which do you think defined last gen (if you could pick one)?

For me, when I think of a gen defining game,I think of Skyrim--a game that infiltrated popular culture with endless memes and YouTube videos;a game that was quoted by people that didn't even play the game. Skyrim is, forever, going to go down in history as one of those games. I put it up there in the videogame hall of fame.

User Info: MasterSword546

3 years ago#2
Dark Souls and The Last of Us.
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238

User Info: LordDeadCell

3 years ago#3
MasterSword546 posted...
Dark Souls and The Last of Us.
Kojima = Gaming GOD
Discuss gaming... Don't discuss me! Stay on topic!

User Info: LatchKeyKid

3 years ago#4
For me personally, Mass Effect 2.

For the rest of the world you'd be kidding yourself not to admit, for better or worse, CoD4 Modern Warfare.

User Info: Bryant187

3 years ago#5
Bioshock, Skyrim, Dark Souls
GT - Rizriel

User Info: CapwnD

3 years ago#6
Bryant187 posted...
Bioshock, Skyrim, Dark Souls

Mass Effect and Assassins Creed would pretty much complete that list.

But for me, it would be Red Dead Redemption. It was somewhat of a sequel, but really shined and really took the open world game design into a beautiful place, and had some amazing DLC. Between that and GTA4, Rockstar really showed how they evolved over the previous two generations.
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh

User Info: METALINGUS5150

3 years ago#7
Dark Souls.

3 years ago#8
I don't know why everybody is ignoring the obvious answer being Call of Duty:MW.

This game pretty much started the biggest craze since Rockband or the old Tony Hawk games. May have not been the most celebrated or acclaimed but there's a reason last gen was called the CoD generation.

My personal defining game of last gen was Uncharted 3 to me.

User Info: towlie_420

3 years ago#9
I really hate to say it, but..... Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. For me it was the last COD that delivered the whole package. It was my favorite campaign, and the multiplayer brought a fast and fresh feel that the new generation needed. It really was a fun game until the inevitable hackers/modders, and then came the youtubers followed by the noobtubers.....never mind Bioshock it is. Unless Titanfall for 360 ends up being awesome, talk about going out with a bang!!
Corner camping isn't playing, its the video game equivalent of tripping people as they walk by

User Info: krystyla

3 years ago#10
LatchKeyKid posted...
For me personally, Mass Effect 2.

I second that ME2 game of last gen
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What game do you think defined last gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived