If a she cheated on you, would you take her back because she's 'better-looking'?

#1MashYouGoodPosted 2/24/2014 2:08:54 AM
It's kind of an analogy for the Ps4 right now -- it let people down last gen with false promises and innuendo, but people are still taking 'her' back simple because she 'looks' marginally better.

For mine, I'd take loyalty over fleeting eye-candy any day. The 360 "won" last gen because of its software and online infrastructure, not because of how loud fanboys squealed bout its supposed specs. On the strength of this (and its comparative launch line-up), you'd think gamers would go with the Xbox One over the Ps4 (failing the option of a gaming rig, that is).

Yet, it seems people couldn't jump off the Xbox bandwagon fast enough, based on little more than hot air from Sony. Speaks volumes for who the dominant market demographic in this pastime is today...
#2Apex-PlayerPosted 2/24/2014 2:15:23 AM
Trying to find an analogy for sticking with the xbox brand after experiencing the 54% fail rate 360.
- Like staying with your gf because you both share herpes?

Just trying to match your style of talk.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#3BushidoEffect3Posted 2/24/2014 2:17:40 AM(edited)
Apex-Player posted...
Trying to find an analogy for sticking with the xbox brand after experiencing the 54% fail rate 360.
- Like staying with your gf because you both share herpes?

Just trying to match your style of talk.

Relevant.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/08/17/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-reaches-54

And lol "360 'won' last gen". Not in the exclusives department that's for sure. Mostly dudebro and space marine shooters.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
To toxic board: FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#4ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/24/2014 2:17:38 AM
PS3 eventually outsold the 360, and the Wii outsold both. I don't know where you get your facts/logic from, guy. Let's not forget how poor 360 exclusives were later into its lifespan. With the PS4 having now added the same amount of social integration as the 360, all Xbox really has left is server stability. But that's not a permanent variable, Sony is probably improving server quality as we speak. I don't expect them to reach 300,000 servers anytime soon, but what they have now isn't bad.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#5CaIiber345Posted 2/24/2014 2:18:19 AM
MashYouGood posted...
It's kind of an analogy for the Ps4 right now -- it let people down last gen with false promises and innuendo, but people are still taking 'her' back simple because she 'looks' marginally better.

For mine, I'd take loyalty over fleeting eye-candy any day. The 360 "won" last gen because of its software and online infrastructure, not because of how loud fanboys squealed bout its supposed specs. On the strength of this (and its comparative launch line-up), you'd think gamers would go with the Xbox One over the Ps4 (failing the option of a gaming rig, that is).

Yet, it seems people couldn't jump off the Xbox bandwagon fast enough, based on little more than hot air from Sony. Speaks volumes for who the dominant market demographic in this pastime is today...

Misguided concepts abound.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 15
#6HellsControllerPosted 2/24/2014 2:20:28 AM
Just because the gun MS held to their consumers head at E3 was empty, does not mean you should still be angry at them.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#7JeDDyDPosted 2/24/2014 2:21:17 AM
If a she cheated on

It's a me, Mario!
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#8METALINGUS5150Posted 2/24/2014 2:21:20 AM
Most people buy multiplats. The mulitplat barrier costs less to break through on PS4 due to price. Also multiplats look better. People bought 360s for price, and running mutliplats better than PS3.
#9Pixx0Posted 2/24/2014 2:25:28 AM
PS3 is still supported as we speak while Xbox 360 support in terms of games has dropped since?

Who's being cheated now? Not to mention the fabulous RROD%.
As for the PS4, it delivers what it promised. Can't say the Xbox1 brought half of what was promised by the reveal. You know, incredible games running on highend PCs that look terrible now, the so powerful Cloud which turned out to be just wind, DRM so called impossible to remove, etc etc

yada yada

Thank you for bringing this topic TC. We almost had forgotten the truth out there.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#10BushidoEffect3Posted 2/24/2014 2:25:44 AM
A tc owned in less than 10 posts. That's a record.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
To toxic board: FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>