Zero truth in "cloud power" for gaming. Are you guys mad at MS over this?

#41garainePosted 2/24/2014 9:28:15 AM
I think the cloud is just like any other part of a new console developers have to learn to use it for it to be effective. titanfall uses it for ai but ithink it will be used for a lot more in the future. just because it doesn't do what they say it will now doesn't mean it never will. I agree with what a co worker said once about this being a microwave generation everyone wants stuff right now. but you can do the same thing in the oven it just takes longer and taste better in the end.
#42ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/24/2014 9:39:15 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
krystyla posted...
Hey no one used it yet, irrefutably false.

Not saying they will but you guys should learn the meaning of the words you are using.

Forza 5 used it

Forza 5 "used" it. Cloud AI in Forza 5 is as shallow as it gets. If you've spent many, many hours playing previous Forza games, you'd notice how the AI isn't very different. All that magical cloud does is observe a few simple driving habits, then farts out an AI with predetermined driving characteristics that vaguely represent how you drive. It's not emulating player driving style at all, no quirks or habits are being mimicked. You just get a premade AI driver that somewhat drives like you. That is by no means a complex action to perform, and it certainly not new.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#43bob15xPosted 2/24/2014 9:40:28 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
krystyla posted...

Not saying they will but you guys should learn the meaning of the words you are using.

Forza 5 used it

Forza 5 "used" it. Cloud AI in Forza 5 is as shallow as it gets. If you've spent many, many hours playing previous Forza games, you'd notice how the AI isn't very different. All that magical cloud does is observe a few simple driving habits, then farts out an AI with predetermined driving characteristics that vaguely represent how you drive. It's not emulating player driving style at all, no quirks or habits are being mimicked. You just get a premade AI driver that somewhat drives like you. That is by no means a complex action to perform, and it certainly not new.

the AI isn't very different? its night and day. They can't be compared.
#44ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/24/2014 9:47:23 AM
bob15x posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
krystyla posted...

Forza 5 used it

No, it's not. They copy and paste driving habits of past AI. All they did was add more AI habits to their existing list of AI behavior, and it can clearly be seen. AI apex in the same manner as Forza 4 AI, they spin out in the same manner, aggressive AI still ignore your existence in corners, and above all, they're still too dumb to realize you're a car in their way half the time. If you think they'd waste resources building entirely new AI when they could have just tweaked their previous system, then you have a naive perception of large development companies. The cloud AI is nothing but a hyped up profiling system.
---
#45EGMRULZPosted 2/24/2014 9:51:13 AM
Don't understimate "Da power of the cloud!". Phil Harrison claimed it will improve graphics. Would he lie to you?
---
PC & Consoles > Everything
#46bob15xPosted 2/24/2014 10:04:42 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
bob15x posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
krystyla posted...

Forza 5 used it

No, it's not. They copy and paste driving habits of past AI. All they did was add more AI habits to their existing list of AI behavior, and it can clearly be seen. AI apex in the same manner as Forza 4 AI, they spin out in the same manner, aggressive AI still ignore your existence in corners, and above all, they're still too dumb to realize you're a car in their way half the time. If you think they'd waste resources building entirely new AI when they could have just tweaked their previous system, then you have a naive perception of large development companies. The cloud AI is nothing but a hyped up profiling system.

you are the first and probably only person to say this. Most other poeple complain about how aggressive the cloud opponents are, bashing you off the track. Are you even sure you turned on cloud opponents?
#47SoftAssassinPosted 2/24/2014 10:07:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#48bob15xPosted 2/24/2014 10:46:06 AM(edited)
SoftAssassin posted...
bob15x posted...
An_Ethiopian posted...
With Microsoft blatantly selling you on the idea that their games can offload some of the processes to the Cloud to offer better looking games - and this finally coming out as irrefutably false. Are some of the uninformed (at the time) here upset with MS for pulling the wool over their eyes?

did they actually say it would make games look better? and fyi, cloud can do that, its just not viable yet, maybe not this gen.

but taking processes off is true and is happening.

Bob 15x you're an xbot all the way and I signed up to tell you this: Bob 15x the bot.Bob 15x the blind bot.Bob 15x the blind, brainwashed bot.Bob 15x the blind, brainwashed, bent-over bot.Bob 15x the blind, brainwashed, bent-over, butt-hurt bot.Same goes for krystala too.Gold stars for the 2 most loyal bots.

yet ps4 is my primary console and I think MS has been a bunch of idiots this gen. So that makes me an xbot?

and what did I say that was incorrect? It was already proven that lighting and shadows (i believe) can be rendered in the cloud by epic , and i stated it would not be happening this gen.

so want to explain to me how that is an xbot comment? I bet you can't since the sony ponies have you brainwashed

I hate MS, they have been nothing but arrogant morons this gen. Just like every third console. Last gen it was sony that took that honour.

but whatever makes you sleep at night
#49MashYouGoodPosted 2/24/2014 4:21:03 PM
Crysiania posted...
MashYouGood posted...
If you were dumb enough to believe you could have half the game being processed online while you were playing it, you are dumb enough to deserve to be ripped off.

So, shift the blame from microsoft to people who lack knowledge of computers.

sure bro, sure.

Ignorance drives most industries. It's how Wall Street brokers get stupid-rich and bring down the world's economy in the process, in fact...
#50ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/24/2014 4:36:15 PM(edited)
bob15x posted...
you are the first and probably only person to say this. Most other poeple complain about how aggressive the cloud opponents are, bashing you off the track. Are you even sure you turned on cloud opponents?

Everything is on and on maximum difficulty. I am not new to Forza and certainly not to circuit racing games as a whole.

And the aggressive AI complaints only help to support my statement. "Super Aggressive" happens to be one of the predetermined AI types that the game could assign to you, when in truth, a lot goes into how every person drives other than being a bully racer, even for the most aggressive of player drivers. No complex cloud calculations are being made in terms of making the cloud AI imitate you. They just gather basic, general aspects of your driving, then give you a shallow AI representation of it. It all boils do to AI types with 3-5 player driving characteristics. Here's one example: "Clean Racer, Good at Apexing Corners, Bad Brake Timing."
---