Microsoft Quietly Region-Lock "Xbox One Digital Games And DLC"

#1BloodyDove2vsPosted 2/24/2014 6:12:38 AM
http://www.gamepur.com/news/13547-microsoft-quietly-region-lock-xbox-one-digital-games-and-dlc-error-code-0x8.html

One of Microsoft's original policy. Will there be more to come?
---
Ps4 does 1080p with room to spare ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#2Bikes-Posted 2/24/2014 6:21:36 AM
If true that's annoying, though Sony kinda did the same thing with the vita =\ (or well, you can't have two accounts on at once so it's a massive pain in the ass to use a 2nd region's PSN)
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#3krystylaPosted 2/24/2014 6:23:54 AM
They'll just have to change their region in the settings and it will work. I've bought 3 games already in the US XBL store living in Europe.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#4BloodyDove2vs(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2014 1:00:57 PM
krystyla posted...
They'll just have to change their region in the settings and it will work. I've bought 3 games already in the US XBL store living in Europe.

Hmm, sounds simple enough.
---
Ps4 does 1080p with room to spare ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#5krystylaPosted 2/24/2014 1:11:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6laxnd23Posted 2/24/2014 1:20:55 PM
This really only affects those who are outside of the NTSC region, since games are more expensive in the PAL region. Xbox is pretty much a North American and European console. Yeah sure Japan came out with a few region exclusives on the 360, but the majority of the games could be found in every region.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823
#7krystylaPosted 2/25/2014 2:24:04 AM(edited)
krystyla posted...

Entering an invalid billing address is not illegal activity. I can't appeal because of an upheld modding but I am free to enter whatever billing address I want. If MS were to check if the billing address doesn't fit my payment option they can refuse to go through with the transaction.

So if I tell people they should enter a North Dakota billing address because there are no taxes on digital goods there, it is not illegal activities.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#8Pixx0Posted 2/25/2014 3:49:25 AM
krystyla posted...

Useless.
Unless MS got suddenly dumber....

oh wait...

but no, useless.
On the 360, same scheme was in place. And it was your ISP that was filtered, no matter what address was entered in the profile.
VP was the way to go.

Also, good laugh. Everyone was like "yay MS listened to us and removed this , that"

I'm very much amused that now they sold their crap to their usual gullible slaves, they're bringing back most if not everything that created such chaos by the reveal.

It's going to be fun *grabs popcorn*
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#9lunaticcorePosted 2/25/2014 3:53:35 AM
krystyla posted...
krystyla posted...

Entering an invalid billing address is not illegal activity. I can't appeal because of an upheld modding but I am free to enter whatever billing address I want. If MS were to check if the billing address doesn't fit my payment option they can refuse to go through with the transaction.

So if I tell people they should enter a North Dakota billing address because there are no taxes on digital goods there, it is not illegal activities.

False..

this is tax evasion.
#10Styrof0amPosted 2/25/2014 3:58:18 AM
krystyla posted...
krystyla posted...

I can confirm this, well partially.

I live in one of the postponed territories, and have several friends who orderes their XB1 from UK, Germany and even one from Spain.

They all use the US marketplace w/o trouble, and a few have verified with MS Support, that they're allowed to use Zip and area codes from the US as long as all other info submitted is true.

They're actually rooting for MS to postpone the XB1 release even further, because they can buy DD games at half the price of local prices.
---
Just for fun ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod