So Resolution Isnt Important Anymore - Yeah Right

#1don_sfPosted 2/24/2014 1:09:20 PM
Before when some PS3 games were being output at below 720p many many Xbox fans slammed ps3.

Let us remember back then less people had hdtvs, most people's tvs could only display 720p and tvs were smaller.

Now everyone has huge screen 1080p tvs, some people have 100 inch plus projectors so 1080p is very important. Now xbox fans are saying resolution is irrelevent. funny how times change huh.

With 2 console releases in the hd era, microsoft still has not produced a device capable of proper 1080p, whilst sony had 1080p from ps3, maybe only for a very few games on ps3, but definitely ps4.

Should microsoft, like sega, think about shutting down their hardware divisions and concentrate on releasing software with their game studios?
#2ILikeGamesManPosted 2/24/2014 1:12:26 PM
How many times do people need to be told that there is more than one person here. Stop summing up an entire group of people based on something that happened years ago. We don't all think alike. Its actually quite possible that resolution does matter for some and not for others.

Get over it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
Best thread ever. Current number of Laylow12 alt accounts = 5
#3HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/24/2014 1:14:39 PM
If there was a resolution PS3 games could have used to run at the same FPS as the 360 version they would have used it.

The bigger issues were the PS3 versions used 1/3 quality textures and 3/5 of the geometry. There is no resolution that can fix that.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#4krystylaPosted 2/24/2014 1:17:41 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
How many times do people need to be told that there is more than one person here. Stop summing up an entire group of people based on something that happened years ago. We don't all think alike. Its actually quite possible that resolution does matter for some and not for others.

Get over it.

Pretty much this, holding a petty grudge on anonymous douches for so long sounds unhealthy.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#5-FryShakeWad-Posted 2/24/2014 1:18:25 PM
Tldr
#6Mspaul09Posted 2/24/2014 1:23:51 PM
If resolution and graphics where that important then gamers wouldn't still have their PS1s, Xboxs, gamecubes, segas, N64s, Dreamcasts, Snes, or NESs hooked up still. Yes games with pretty pictures are nice, but I'd take a gritty, grainy great game over a mediocre pretty game anyday.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#7MOATS7798Posted 2/24/2014 1:26:49 PM
If 1080p is all you care about get a PC, you guys argue Sony vs Xbox but stay far away from Sony vs PC...hmmmmm

Res/graphics don't make a game, some of the greatest looking games ever suck...but Sony fans think 1080p automatically gives games a 10/10
---
In all my years of gaming I've never walked into a store and purchased a game that I've wanted to play based on the resolution.
#8SunDevil77Posted 2/24/2014 1:27:44 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...

Get over it.

Logic is hard
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9archibald3Posted 2/24/2014 1:46:17 PM(edited)
It`s the fallback of the Sony crowd in the face of the irrefutable truth which really isn`t debatable. It`s not that resolution doesn`t matter , it`s that computing power is just one aspect of the decision to buy a console. Your friends , the exclusives , the controller , the online and many other things may out weigh which console has a graphical edge. There`s also alot of debate about "can you tell the difference" . I can tell the difference quite clearly. But it isn`t enough of a difference to out weight the other factors in my decision. That seems to just bug the trolls and fanboys to no end. They just can`t seem to let it go.
#10kidwgmPosted 2/24/2014 1:59:25 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...

Get over it.

---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4. Coming soon P vs Z and Titanfall.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)