So Resolution Isnt Important Anymore - Yeah Right

#21LordcrabfoodPosted 2/25/2014 7:24:51 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
How many times do people need to be told that there is more than one person here. Stop summing up an entire group of people based on something that happened years ago. We don't all think alike. Its actually quite possible that resolution does matter for some and not for others.

Get over it.

Thank god, there are some people with a brain on this site after all. Why the idiots feel it necessary to stereo type from the statements of a minority (in 2014) continues to amaze me. Has history taught them nothing?
#22ILikeGamesManPosted 2/25/2014 8:23:12 PM(edited)
don_sf posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
How many times do people need to be told that there is more than one person here. Stop summing up an entire group of people based on something that happened years ago. We don't all think alike. Its actually quite possible that resolution does matter for some and not for others.

Get over it.

I bet you didn't defend your fellow xbox fans when they were putting the ps3 down for graphics.

Someone said theres a difference between graphics and resolution, erm resolution is part of graphics, it along with 3 other important factors ultimately determines how good it looks on screen, oh wait you dont care about graphics? but yet you attacked ps3 when the multi platforms looked slightly worse (of course now ps3 games are better, gta 5 for e.g)

Stop acting like resolution is not important, tell that to a pc gamer he would destroy you. Especially nowadays 720p looks blurry on big screens, trust me I can say this from experience.

When Xbox Fans were putting down the PS3, i wasn't even there. I was lurking different forums, but it sure as heck wasnt me over there starting fights with people. Either way, I think anyone who does that type of stuff is a total A-hole anyways. The funniest part about all of this though is the same people that were trashing the PS3 could have ended up being the fools who are trashing the X1 now.

I own every platform in existence practically and I have a very powerful PC which runs any game at ultra settings. I know everything I need to know in regards to all of this. A game being 900p vs 1080p or something trivial like that is FAR less important compared to everything else. I have owned almost every system possible since pong so I have a ton of experience with games.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
Best thread ever. Current number of Laylow12 alt accounts = 5
#23ILikeGamesManPosted 2/25/2014 8:22:06 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...

Get over it.

Thank god, there are some people with a brain on this site after all. Why the idiots feel it necessary to stereo type from the statements of a minority (in 2014) continues to amaze me. Has history taught them nothing?

Yeah at this point I have just accepted that unfortunately we have to put up with bull **** based on something that happened like a decade ago. I understand the people doing it at the time were being losers, but its even worse to have it done back because that means these people held grudges for that long. Could you imagine being angry at another fanbase for that long!? Could you imagine hating Sony to the point where you troll them up until the release of the PS5 or PS6? Its crazy to think about. People are actually like that too, which is quite scary.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
Best thread ever. Current number of Laylow12 alt accounts = 5
#24CMX5Posted 2/25/2014 8:37:14 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...

Get over it.

Perfect.
---
PSN/XBL:CMX5
The PS4 and Xbone are both fine consoles. Nothing can change that.
#25CmJudgePosted 2/25/2014 8:54:28 PM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...

I've seen numbers saying about 30% of 360 owners were going PS4 at launch, so there was a decently sized amount of 360 to PS4 conversion.

What if the XBox One board is being trolled by those same 360 owners that trolled the PS3 about graphics years ago?

Wouldn't they be the ones to care enough to jump to PS4?

Wasn't here to witness any trolling but I can say this.

I have never owned any Sony consoles. Always went with Xbox. Didn't pay too much attention to hardware back then like I do now. Didn't pay much attention to either company as a whole either. I do now and I am buying my PS4 tomorrow. I don't want an "All in One" system. I want a gaming console. Sony listens.

Price, hardware, resolution, etc when factored in as a whole, leads to a logical choice.

Of course, other people have different reasons and make different choices.

I suppose I will get the Xbone in a few years. Well, maybe. Probably not.
---
GT: AltusJanitorius -A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer-
#26gamebuyer22Posted 2/25/2014 9:29:49 PM
It is true that a lot of Xbox fans that were laughing at the inferior Ps3 ports now defending the X1 and its mostly 720p games. I own a 360 and Ps3 and bought many ports on 360, but in the last 4 or 5 years have bought most on Ps3. Some games have small differences but games that are sub hd with low res textures on PS3 i always got 360 version. For example i wouldnt buy Red Dead Redemption on Ps3. So got 360 version. Yet bought LA Noire(better on Ps3) and Max payne 3(about the same) on Ps3. So it just depends. Saints row 3 on Ps3 is somewhat blurry but has 0 screen tear while on 360 has constant screen tear and a clearer picture yet i bought PS3 version.

Now 95% of ports are inferior on X1 and will most likely be that way for the whole generation because its underpowered. People just feel the need to defend the $500 inferior system. Im glad Sony is making 1080p standard on consoles.
#27scorpio manPosted 2/25/2014 9:31:56 PM
wake_me_420 posted...
how many times are MS fanboys going to fall back on the "people still play snes" "resolution doesn't matter if the gameplay is crap"

The conversation has generally been focused on PS4's ability to produce higher graphically fidelity than XB1 on multiplatform games. If you tell me you'd rather have a game at 720p than the same game at 1080p you are an absolute idiot.

Really? Cause you know before I buy a game I always check the back of the box to check the resolution cause that is all that matters
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.