Stephen Elop in charge of Microsoft games and hardware

#1anfos121Posted 2/24/2014 6:29:39 PM
"Stephen Elop may not be Microsoft's new CEO, but the former head of Nokia is not going unrewarded for bringing the phone manufacturer into the Microsoft fold. According to an internal memo, Elop will replace Julie Larson-Green as the head of Microsoft's Devices and Studios business, putting him in charge of Xbox, Microsoft Surface, and Microsoft's game development efforts, in addition to the new cellular handset business. The memo reportedly comes from Julie Larson-Green herself as she takes on a new role: she's becoming the Chief Experience Officer for the company's Applications and Services group, managing the look and feel of products like Bing, Office, and Skype."

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/24/5444160/microsoft-management-shift-elop-larson-green-devices-services
---
NNID - MoodyShuffle
Currently Playing - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wind Waker HD, Mighty Switch Force 2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5
#2SoulTrapperPosted 2/25/2014 1:21:26 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/8/5080192/microsoft-ceo-candidate-stephen-elop-bing-xbox-rumors

Bloomberg also suggests that Elop is willing to shut down or sell some major Microsoft businesses. Elop would reportedly considering killing off the company’s Bing search engine, while contemplating selling the Xbox business.

Oh oh!
#3lunaticcorePosted 2/25/2014 1:24:35 AM
So you bumped this topic just so you could have another Elop topic to troll on then?

Pretty sure the guy is going to be less likely to want to sell the division he just took charge of chief.
#4SoulTrapperPosted 2/25/2014 1:28:37 AM(edited)
lunaticcore posted...
So you bumped this topic just so you could have another Elop topic to troll on then?

Pretty sure the guy is going to be less likely to want to sell the division he just took charge of chief.

How is it trolling? It's what the guy said he wanted to do.
And now he's the xbox boss, so he'll actually be able to do it.
#5-Erika-Posted 2/25/2014 3:25:37 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
lunaticcore posted...

Are you pretending you haven't been here at least since the reveal trolling?
---
Joshi Spirit
#6Kazuya_80Posted 2/25/2014 3:27:54 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
lunaticcore posted...

Nope, only if he was in charge of MS. i knew the usual trolls would get ignorant
#7Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/25/2014 3:36:31 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
ok, now i know you have no idea how things actually work.
#8SoulTrapperPosted 2/26/2014 3:11:26 AM
-Erika- posted...

Are you pretending you haven't been here at least since the reveal trolling?

Of course not.

I have complained about the obvious stupid decisions, a lot of which got reversed proving that I was right about them being stupid decisions.

If by trolling you mean being right, than yes.

Kazuya_80 posted...

Nope, only if he was in charge of MS. i knew the usual trolls would get ignorant

Troll_Directory posted...
ok, now i know you have no idea how things actually work.

Are you both honestly claiming that the guy in charge of the xbox division has no say in what happens with the xbox?
Because that would be rather silly.
#9krystylaPosted 2/26/2014 3:15:06 AM
That's been known ever since the ne CEO was announced
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB