even though xbox is currently trailing in sales...

#1leelee3105Posted 2/24/2014 9:29:01 PM
It will eventually do much better than Sony this generation. This article explains where Sony has missteped.
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/23/is-sony-missing-the-importance-of-multiplayer-gami.aspx
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!
#2Bryant187Posted 2/24/2014 9:35:24 PM
Interesting read. I agree that Sony does seem to focus on solo more than multi. That was great years ago, but anymore new gamer's and such seem to want multiplayer as the focus(I'm just going by people I've met and such). Ultimately we'll see how it plays out, but regardless all 3 systems are gonna have great exclusives. Also I believe it was announced that "The Order" would have a co-op mode but I could be wrong.
---
GT - Rizriel
#3Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/24/2014 9:35:40 PM
P L A N E T S I D E 2

Also, MMOs.

Article is invalid.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#4mokmuudPosted 2/24/2014 9:39:06 PM
Don't most games out on it right now have a multiplayer component?
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#5Bryant187Posted 2/24/2014 9:41:01 PM
mokmuud posted...

Yeah, I think the writer saw Infamous SS and assumed thats how Sony would handle this gen. I still thought it was an interesting read, but regardless we'll know which out of the 3 is the king in about 5 years.
---
GT - Rizriel
#6Apex-PlayerPosted 2/24/2014 9:41:38 PM
Yeah because yearly CoDs, Battlefields don't add multiplayer to the system.
Neither does Uncharteds or The Last of Us multiplayer apparently.
Little Big Planet sure doesn't encourage multiplayer, Planetside 2 is online but nah no multiplayer.
Games like Dark Souls will never release 3rd installments, or Demons Souls won't get a sequal.
Couldn't possibly be an overabundance of games with multiplayer be it multiplats or exclusives.

What a joke article, oh wait Fool.com
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#7PorungaPosted 2/24/2014 9:43:48 PM
It isn't even that sony is missing a multiplayer element. It is that many sony fans just don't care about multiplayer. Sony could put a ton of focus and effort into multiplayer and nothing would change. They just aren't that interested.
#8Lawboy2Posted 2/24/2014 9:47:42 PM
mokmuud posted...

No...they don't....ps2 and killzone....bf4 and COD are multiplats
#9Bryant187Posted 2/24/2014 9:51:34 PM
Porunga posted...
It isn't even that sony is missing a multiplayer element. It is that many sony fans just don't care about multiplayer. Sony could put a ton of focus and effort into multiplayer and nothing would change. They just aren't that interested.

Like with MAG?
---
GT - Rizriel
#10CKnightPosted 2/24/2014 9:52:16 PM
Sony being open to Free to Play games can easily change this.

Loadout, Gunz2, NFS World and such could Sony a nice MP boost.

DC Universe Online is already my most played mp game. And I'm eagerly awaiting the inevitable FF A Realm Reborn to hit the PS4.
---
XBL and PSN - CKnight082