Do you think MS has gone forward with the Xbone or backwards since the 360 ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 2/25/2014 6:54:01 AM(edited)
I know MS (since they first released the Xbox didn't get off to the best start,as I owned both the original Xbox and a 360) but I think by the end of the 360's life cycle they did really well to take some ground off Sony and took a fair bit of their Market share, but I think they would of done much better if they hadn't included KINECT.

The first half of the 360 was great IMO and they were selling really well, but as soon as MS switched all their focus on Kinect they made a few enemies and people didn't want to be forced into it. And with the E3 showing with the XBone they undid a lot of their hard work IMO with the 360 and a lot of the people that became Xbox fans (like myself) were pushed away and went to Sony.

It was very hard for me to switch to Sony after being a xbox fan for so long, but MS by doing all these FORCED changes and not giving people an option and Sony's PS4 being that little bit more powerful, made it pretty easy to change.

So do you think MS has gone backwards with the new Xbox after they did so well with the 360 ?
#2mcnichojPosted 2/25/2014 6:54:18 AM
Didn't 360 sell horribly at first because of the RRoD debacle?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#3kennyynnooPosted 2/25/2014 6:54:57 AM
3 months, to soon. The dash will improve, apps will improve. Remember the first years dash compared to the end result. Besides its really only about the games the rest is just a plus.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#4That_Damn_KidPosted 2/25/2014 6:55:55 AM
It's certainly struggling right now compared to the 360.

The 360 in it's first year was awesome when it came to games, however we are not seeing that yet with X1.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89///PS4, X1, Wii U, 360, 3DS
#5BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 7:01:32 AM(edited)
mcnichoj posted...
Didn't 360 sell horribly at first because of the RRoD debacle?

Yeah I think there was a lot of negativity about that at first, but they had a a lot of momentum after they got it all sorted but I think the last 2 years of the 360 kind of died off as MS focused A LOT on Kinect, with exclusives and even the dash (which I was annoyed at) as I bought a few premium themes and they no longer displayed correctly as they did before.
#6Jedi454Posted 2/25/2014 7:25:00 AM
That_Damn_Kid posted...
It's certainly struggling right now compared to the 360.

The 360 in it's first year was awesome when it came to games, however we are not seeing that yet with X1.

Well it has only been 3 months since the console came out so.......
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#7axelfooley2k5Posted 2/25/2014 7:27:17 AM
Serious question tc?????
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#8BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 7:38:59 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Serious question tc?????

Yes, I'm talking about market share here, nothing else.
#9Jedi454Posted 2/25/2014 7:42:09 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Serious question tc?????

I hope you realise that the Xbox One is doing 3x better than the Xbox 360 is at this time, both Ps4 and XB1 broke sale records. I think you need to get outside more often.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#10BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 8:32:01 AM
Jedi454 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
axelfooley2k5 posted...
Serious question tc?????

I hope you realise that the Xbox One is doing 3x better than the Xbox 360 is at this time, both Ps4 and XB1 broke sale records. I think you need to get outside more often.

But last gen the 360 was in front of ps4 in sales wasn't it and had a chance to even overtake sony but I reckon E3 hurt them a lot and they lost that momentum they had.

Maybe they are going better then the 360 but compared to Sony I think they have lost ground on them instead of gaining it. I think the only reason they are selling better is because the WiiU isn't doing too well so it's only really between Sony and MS this gen.