Anyone else miss going to Blockbuster?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else miss going to Blockbuster?
2 years ago#1
I remember every weekend...my mom would take me to blockbuster...and I'd pick from what seemed like a million game choices...and I'd go home, excited...and play all weekend. Anyone else miss only paying 8 dollars to finish a game...instead of 60?
2 years ago#2
No, with gamefly it takes one business day to get my games
2 years ago#3
Have you heard of a service called Gamefly?
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
2 years ago#4
No, I went to Family Video instead. They had much better deals.
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
2 years ago#5
EternalStutter posted...
I remember every weekend...my mom would take me to blockbuster...and I'd pick from what seemed like a million game choices...and I'd go home, excited...and play all weekend. Anyone else miss only paying 8 dollars to finish a game...instead of 60?

I just miss the wonder of being a kid gamer.
2 years ago#6
Good ol' Gamefly. Ship me a game, spend an entire day installing it, than a couple of hours playing it only to realize you don't like the game and send it back to do it again with another game.
2 years ago#7
Not at all.

Prefer all my streaming options from the comfort of my home.

Oh, for games? Haven't rented games since high school
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
2 years ago#8
We have a Family Video here in town. The problem with them is that if you want to rent a new game they charge a $20 deposit to make sure you bring it back on time. They told me at one time I can call and extend my rental period, not sure if that's the case now or if they keep the $20. Anyway, it bugs me so I stopped renting games.
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
2 years ago#9
Blockbuster is still going strong in my country, so no.
34 snes games and counting...
2 years ago#10
I remember bro.
http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/geodanger25
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/360/geodanger25
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else miss going to Blockbuster?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived