Anyone else miss going to Blockbuster?

#101WinnsockPosted 2/25/2014 8:46:54 PM
I remember when Blockbuster first opened up in my town. First games I rented were Battletoads Double Dragon and Beauty and the Beast for Sega Genesis. I loved going there when I was a kid. I remember almost losing my mind when they got WCW Revenge in.
---
GT: Winnsock
#102liquidleonx3Posted 2/25/2014 8:53:42 PM
MithrilMonarch posted...
Not really. I didn't enjoy paying Blockbuster for a game that is scratched up to hell.

Ok yeah if there was something I disliked about renting in the PS1 and PS2 eras it was this. You could always ask to check out the disc but it was disappointing if you'd already set you mind to that particular game only to find out what a scratch-fest it was. Marvel VS Capcom 2 comes to mind.
---
{-Official Super Saiyan Mega Man X of Everywhere}
I'm waiting for IGN's review. I grew up with it so they're the only reviewers I trust. - HappyUnicorn101
#103P00DGEPosted 2/25/2014 9:03:41 PM
no
#104spooiePosted 2/25/2014 9:10:10 PM
Not really. The last time I was in Blockbuster, I bought Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime, new, for the Gamecube for $50. That was in 2003.

There were two local video stores I did used to love going to all the time back in the 90s. Only my aunt had a Blockbuster account. Everyone else in the family got sick of the fact that if you didn't rent something in 2 months or so, they'd delete your account with them.

Maybe if they weren't being tools, more people would have stuck around. *shrug*
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, 360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, DS, DSLite, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#105KochipahkPosted 2/25/2014 9:11:52 PM
You can still rent games at a Redbox Machine, can't you? They have those in practically every 7/11 and chain grocery store here. Sure the selection isn't as big, and you can't actually look at all the boxes, but there ya go.
---
Hella
#106Merc123Posted 2/25/2014 9:12:49 PM
I admit i kind of miss being a kid and being drive to Blockbuster with my friend to pick out a game to rent and play. Blockbuster went downhill fast. In high school we would go but their selection would be so limited that we usually left with no game at all.

I haven't tried gamefly but back in the day my friend had it and he had to wait forever to get his games. Not sure if its gotten any better at all, i live in Indiana so not sure if the shipping would be that good here, plus it took forever for him to get anything recent.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#107DroidicaPosted 2/25/2014 9:19:37 PM
I still have some of the Pokemon Snap cards back when they had those machines where you could print out pictures from the game.

http://i.imgur.com/LbNJ8VG.jpg
---
Up doesn't go down safe anymore.
#108Droogie83Posted 2/25/2014 9:20:26 PM
liquidleonx3 posted...
MithrilMonarch posted...
Not really. I didn't enjoy paying Blockbuster for a game that is scratched up to hell.

Ok yeah if there was something I disliked about renting in the PS1 and PS2 eras it was this. You could always ask to check out the disc but it was disappointing if you'd already set you mind to that particular game only to find out what a scratch-fest it was. Marvel VS Capcom 2 comes to mind.

I remember wanting to rent Xenogears only to find out it was scratched, so I settled for Vagrant Story instead. That was really the last game I ever rented. I had a better experience renting cartridges. Then again, I only rented a handful of PS1 games, and maybe one PS2 game, as opposed to countless NES, SNES, and N64 games. My dad even rented the N64 console itself for me from Blockbuster a few weeks after launch, if you can believe that (I think he had to pay a deposit on that)
#109darklinkfan55Posted 2/25/2014 9:30:47 PM
i bet at the end of the year blockbuster wont exist anymore
---
~everyone has a darkside, link has two~
gt: emperor anakin
#110Bac0n01Posted 2/25/2014 9:33:04 PM
Not so much now, but if you'd asked me 4 or 5 years ago, I would have said yes. Used to be you could keep a game for like a month before they bothered you...
---
GT: bac0n01
PSN: The_Crispy_Bacon