Anyone else miss going to Blockbuster?

#151zinsindettaPosted 3/1/2014 10:54:39 AM
I do. It is better then Gamefly because if you had the pass, get a game, go home play it. Didn't like it, go right back and get another one same day. My Blockbuster had a awesome selection of games too.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#152EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 12:32:50 PM
zinsindetta posted...
I do. It is better then Gamefly because if you had the pass, get a game, go home play it. Didn't like it, go right back and get another one same day. My Blockbuster had a awesome selection of games too.

Agreed
#153-FryShakeWad-Posted 3/4/2014 1:30:43 PM
I went to Mr. Movies back in the day. Lol they had an " adult " section in the way back. I miss the good old days.
#154Galilee138Posted 3/4/2014 2:06:56 PM
doodles40 posted...
We have a Family Video here in town. The problem with them is that if you want to rent a new game they charge a $20 deposit to make sure you bring it back on time. They told me at one time I can call and extend my rental period, not sure if that's the case now or if they keep the $20. Anyway, it bugs me so I stopped renting games.

The deposit is only for a few games and you get it back when you return the game. Once you've been a member for a while they stop requiring it altogether. They started doing it because certain games (CoD, Madden, GTA) would get stolen so often that they never had enough stock for their honest customers.
#155EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 4:03:09 PM
Galilee138 posted...
doodles40 posted...
We have a Family Video here in town. The problem with them is that if you want to rent a new game they charge a $20 deposit to make sure you bring it back on time. They told me at one time I can call and extend my rental period, not sure if that's the case now or if they keep the $20. Anyway, it bugs me so I stopped renting games.

The deposit is only for a few games and you get it back when you return the game. Once you've been a member for a while they stop requiring it altogether. They started doing it because certain games (CoD, Madden, GTA) would get stolen so often that they never had enough stock for their honest customers.

SO many werent honest though. Unfortunately
#156kingbahamut83Posted 3/6/2014 5:31:49 PM
EternalStutter posted...
I remember every weekend...my mom would take me to blockbuster...and I'd pick from what seemed like a million game choices...and I'd go home, excited...and play all weekend. Anyone else miss only paying 8 dollars to finish a game...instead of 60?

No. 8 days for a few days or a week? Pass.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
Commander of Shop Wreckerz clan
#157Megamushroom666Posted 3/6/2014 7:27:48 PM
Ahh Blockbuster. VHS tapes and SNES cartridges. Oh the memories.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
http://snackeroo.com - Snack pr0n.
#158EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 7:35:08 PM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Ahh Blockbuster. VHS tapes and SNES cartridges. Oh the memories.
#159EternalStutter(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2014 3:45:59 PM
-FryShakeWad- posted...
I went to Mr. Movies back in the day. Lol they had an " adult " section in the way back. I miss the good old days.

Hahah that was the best