Your reaction if MS releases new models that are a little more powerful?

#11PorungaPosted 2/25/2014 9:06:12 PM
It would NEVER happen. The core specs of a system cannot and will not change, no matter how under powered it may be. If MS were to do something like this, they would be making a fatal mistake and doom the xbox one to failure.
#12XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 9:06:44 PM
Don't mind Archibald, hes just salty 24/7/365. I forgive his transgressions.

But more importantly, what if MS did something like give a newer revision a little bit more eSRAM? Like maybe enough to run games in 1080p? The older Xbones would run the games, just @ lower resolution. Would you feel like a sucker for buying the first system if they did that?
#13ILikeGamesManPosted 2/25/2014 9:08:25 PM
XDroneCrusherX posted...
Don't mind Archibald, hes just salty 24/7/365. I forgive his transgressions.

But more importantly, what if MS did something like give a newer revision a little bit more eSRAM? Like maybe enough to run games in 1080p? The older Xbones would run the games, just @ lower resolution. Would you feel like a sucker for buying the first system if they did that?

How would you feel, hypothetically speaking, if the PS4 released a more powerful console that could run Infamous and The Order at 60FPS instead of the measly 30FPS now? Would you feel like a giant sucker for buying a console that cant even run Infamous at a framerate higher than 30?

See how it sounds?
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
Best thread ever. Current number of Laylow12 alt accounts = 5
#14quincy2000aPosted 2/25/2014 9:09:09 PM
Yeah I'd feel like a sucker--but then I sort of feel that way already.

And nothing they do anymore would surprise me.
#15XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 9:11:02 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...

How would you feel, hypothetically speaking, if the PS4 released a more powerful console that could run Infamous and The Order at 60FPS instead of the measly 30FPS now? Would you feel like a giant sucker for buying a console that cant even run Infamous at a framerate higher than 30?

See how it sounds?

Yeah I'd feel like a complete sucker. But based on MS's reputation, they're much more likely to do something like that than Sony. They've set the standard for "anti-consumerist" policies over the last decade.
#16ILikeGamesManPosted 2/25/2014 9:12:25 PM
XDroneCrusherX posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...

See how it sounds?

Yeah I'd feel like a complete sucker. But based on MS's reputation, they're much more likely to do something like that than Sony. They've set the standard for "anti-consumerist" policies over the last decade.

I wouldn't. When you buy a console on release date, you know exactly what you are getting into. i dont see it ever happening anyways. I also dont see Microsoft being any more anti-consumerist than Sony. They are both gigantic mega-corporations out to make a profit.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
Best thread ever. Current number of Laylow12 alt accounts = 5
#17ZAKDUDEPosted 2/25/2014 9:14:03 PM
Specs are final. However they will probably reveal the NEXT xbox way before PS5. I could see them releasing a new xbox in 5 years.
#18Team_NinjaPosted 2/25/2014 9:17:58 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
Team_Ninja posted...
This is impossible and against the law. Specs are final. Developers can't be developing xbox one games with 2 different specs. You change the console size, look, even remove the blu-ray, but specs are final.

Thats true and false...

First 360 have memory card,HDMI and no Hard drive...
Remember ...Now its no more memory card, HDMI only and HDD needed...
And the CPU_GPU have "upgrade" in terms of production...They were made in much smaller and cooler chip.

So time gonna upgrade the XboxOne too...Sure spec are final...but hardware not....

I don't see where the false part is in my post. I talked about specs and only specs. You can't touch that. You can make other changes as long as they don't affect how games need to be developed for and played on old and new versions of the same console. Right now, you should be able to play any 360 games on a new slim or an old original 360 with the exact same performance because the specs are the same.

As a developer, if Xbox One had 2 versions, 1 with 8GB ram, and another with 12GB ram, how the F*** am I supposed to develop a game for it and have it play the same on both versions when xbox one is supposed to be an xbox one regardless. And even if the developers did have enough time to develop 2 different versions, they can't have two versions of the game running around. Hey, if you have an 8GB Xbox One buy Version A of Titanfall. If you have a 12GB Xbox One buy Version B Titanfall. Nope...
#19Team_NinjaPosted 2/25/2014 9:21:09 PM
ZAKDUDE posted...
Specs are final. However they will probably reveal the NEXT xbox way before PS5. I could see them releasing a new xbox in 5 years.

They better have had a massive collection of games by then, because as a consuming gamer I'd hate to have owned a console and only have a handful of games in my library.
#20TheSL1ClubPosted 2/25/2014 9:27:53 PM
archibald3 posted...
XDroneCrusherXPosted 2/25/2014 4:59:24 PMmessage detailquote

Infamous Second Son bundles outselling Titanfall bundles

"Way to go Sony!! Show em whos boss!"

XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 5:07:20 PMmessage detailquote

"Xbots will say bu....bu.....but!! No games!! Bu....bu....but!!! Titanfall!

Looks like when its time to show the cards, Sony is winning every hand."

XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 5:15:21 PMmessage detailquote

prozac786 posted...

Please repost on X1 boards.

"It already is, and they're already saltier than a margarita on the rocks over it:"

All posted today already by this troll...........

What does this got to do with anything regarding this topic? It just proves you are quiet the stalker and a over sensitive fanboy, really pathetic.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.