Your reaction if MS releases new models that are a little more powerful?

#21georgewduff1Posted 2/25/2014 9:29:13 PM
Team_Ninja posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
Team_Ninja posted...
This is impossible and against the law. Specs are final. Developers can't be developing xbox one games with 2 different specs. You change the console size, look, even remove the blu-ray, but specs are final.

Thats true and false...

First 360 have memory card,HDMI and no Hard drive...
Remember ...Now its no more memory card, HDMI only and HDD needed...
And the CPU_GPU have "upgrade" in terms of production...They were made in much smaller and cooler chip.

So time gonna upgrade the XboxOne too...Sure spec are final...but hardware not....

I don't see where the false part is in my post. I talked about specs and only specs. You can't touch that. You can make other changes as long as they don't affect how games need to be developed for and played on old and new versions of the same console. Right now, you should be able to play any 360 games on a new slim or an old original 360 with the exact same performance because the specs are the same.

As a developer, if Xbox One had 2 versions, 1 with 8GB ram, and another with 12GB ram, how the F*** am I supposed to develop a game for it and have it play the same on both versions when xbox one is supposed to be an xbox one regardless. And even if the developers did have enough time to develop 2 different versions, they can't have two versions of the game running around. Hey, if you have an 8GB Xbox One buy Version A of Titanfall. If you have a 12GB Xbox One buy Version B Titanfall. Nope...

Go play a game like Halo 4 on a first premium system with a 20gig hdd and a new slim system...You will see the difference...minor but it is there...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :) GT: Major W Duff
#22TheOmacronPosted 2/25/2014 9:30:06 PM
Consoles are going the way of the PCs with routine upgrades and inherent backwards compatibility. AMD is doing the development costs so all Microsoft and Sony have to do is plop in an upgraded APU and memory every 2-3 years. OK each console has its own modifications so it won't be that easy. Many games are already designed to scale when played on a PC so this really isn't much extra development costs. There will just be a higher level configuration (PC ultra settings for example) that will be selected if your console has the hardware to support it.

The larger install base for older consoles will ensure that games will most likely still be targeted there first for development. More capable hardware will allow better graphical improvments and features such as VR support. However after a normal console cycle length, say 5-6 years, they oldest versions would likely be dropped. So I envision a sliding window of 5-6 years with 2-3 console versions supported in that window.
#23XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 9:32:10 PM
You don't develop 2 versions of the same game for different systems. One system just has the option of running higher resolution or getting more stable FPS is all.

I'm just suggesting this because there is a massive gap in system power between the PS4 and Xbone, and MS has moved into "damage control initiated" with regards to public relations, which MS is failing miserably at. Every time MS reps speak, I see their noses growing. Resolution doesn't matter? Yeah and I'm mickey mouse.

It would just be easier for them to release a slightly more powerful version of the system that could get closer to PS4 specs. The older revisions could still run the same games, just at different settings. For the same reason they don't need to remake the same game for 2 different PCs with varying specs, they wouldn't need to do it for Xbone either. They would be close enough specs wise where the same game would run on both, but one runs the game slightly better.
#24georgewduff1Posted 2/25/2014 9:37:12 PM
XDroneCrusherX posted...
You don't develop 2 versions of the same game for different systems. One system just has the option of running higher resolution or getting more stable FPS is all.

I'm just suggesting this because there is a massive gap in system power between the PS4 and Xbone, and MS has moved into "damage control initiated" with regards to public relations, which MS is failing miserably at. Every time MS reps speak, I see their noses growing. Resolution doesn't matter? Yeah and I'm mickey mouse.

It would just be easier for them to release a slightly more powerful version of the system that could get closer to PS4 specs. The older revisions could still run the same games, just at different settings. For the same reason they don't need to remake the same game for 2 different PCs with varying specs, they wouldn't need to do it for Xbone either. They would be close enough specs wise where the same game would run on both, but one runs the game slightly better.

Its not a massive gap...Anyway...XboxOne do a lot of stuff in the backround and is multi-tasking great.
Software update are coming...New SDK are coming...Feedback from user and dev is doing is job...
Give it time to launch...we are 3 month in by now...
---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :) GT: Major W Duff
#25archibald3Posted 2/25/2014 9:42:55 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
archibald3 posted...
XDroneCrusherXPosted 2/25/2014 4:59:24 PMmessage detailquote

Infamous Second Son bundles outselling Titanfall bundles

"Way to go Sony!! Show em whos boss!"

XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 5:07:20 PMmessage detailquote

"Xbots will say bu....bu.....but!! No games!! Bu....bu....but!!! Titanfall!

Looks like when its time to show the cards, Sony is winning every hand."

XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 5:15:21 PMmessage detailquote

prozac786 posted...

Please repost on X1 boards.

"It already is, and they're already saltier than a margarita on the rocks over it:"

All posted today already by this troll...........

What does this got to do with anything regarding this topic? It just proves you are quiet the stalker and a over sensitive fanboy, really pathetic.

So now this troll is defending the other troll...lmao I guess i`m a stalker for casually reading the boards and seeing a bunch of posts by XDroneCrusherX on the ps4 board making fun of us "xbots" and laughing with his other Sony fanboys on how he is trolling this board and how "Sony is winning every hand" and his posts are making us " saltier than a margarita on the rocks over it".

Lol and you calling me pathetic ? He`s an admitted troll and is just here to annoy people. He got called out for it over there and called an "embarrassment" and i`m calling him out on it here
#26Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/25/2014 9:50:39 PM(edited)
Well, AMD already stated they can make the SoC in a lower density and right now, each GPU has 4 locked CUs, so in theory they could later using the new process unlock these CUs in new units, could also unlock them in older, of course it could be unstable and mostly hotter.

So yeah, it is possible for them to later unlock those CUs when production becomes more streamlined and when they start on smaller density wafers

Edit: Right now the only reason they're locked is due to production, not all processors are the same. Some can out perform others, it's the nature of manufacturing, PS4 has tucked away CUs as well
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#27Team_NinjaPosted 2/25/2014 9:50:55 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
Team_Ninja posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
Team_Ninja posted...
This is impossible and against the law. Specs are final. Developers can't be developing xbox one games with 2 different specs. You change the console size, look, even remove the blu-ray, but specs are final.

Thats true and false...

And the CPU_GPU have "upgrade" in terms of production...They were made in much smaller and cooler chip.

So time gonna upgrade the XboxOne too...Sure spec are final...but hardware not....

I don't see where the false part is in my post. I talked about specs and only specs. You can't touch that. You can make other changes as long as they don't affect how games need to be developed for and played on old and new versions of the same console. Right now, you should be able to play any 360 games on a new slim or an old original 360 with the exact same performance because the specs are the same.

As a developer, if Xbox One had 2 versions, 1 with 8GB ram, and another with 12GB ram, how the F*** am I supposed to develop a game for it and have it play the same on both versions when xbox one is supposed to be an xbox one regardless. And even if the developers did have enough time to develop 2 different versions, they can't have two versions of the game running around. Hey, if you have an 8GB Xbox One buy Version A of Titanfall. If you have a 12GB Xbox One buy Version B Titanfall. Nope...

Go play a game like Halo 4 on a first premium system with a 20gig hdd and a new slim system...You will see the difference...minor but it is there...

I don't know what your point is against mines. All I'm saying is I shouldn't miss out on anything playing any game on an old or new version of the same console, because the specs are consistent. The developers didn't have to tweak, tinker, adjust, hold back, or change anything during their development of the game for the xbox 360 because the console that they're developing for had 2 difference versions with different specs. Developing for xbox 360 is developing for the xbox 360. Playing an xbox 360 game is playing an xbox 360 game. Shouldn't change from old to new model.

Specs are final and will be consistent through the life cycle until Xbox Two comes out. Deal with it. Right now all MS can hope for is that developers develop a fast learning curve for their system and be able to optimize it to compete with the PS4.
#28XSilverPhoenixXPosted 2/25/2014 9:54:13 PM
archibald3 posted...
XDroneCrusherXPosted 2/25/2014 4:59:24 PMmessage detailquote

Infamous Second Son bundles outselling Titanfall bundles

"Way to go Sony!! Show em whos boss!"

XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 5:07:20 PMmessage detailquote

"Xbots will say bu....bu.....but!! No games!! Bu....bu....but!!! Titanfall!

Looks like when its time to show the cards, Sony is winning every hand."

XDroneCrusherX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 5:15:21 PMmessage detailquote

prozac786 posted...

Please repost on X1 boards.

"It already is, and they're already saltier than a margarita on the rocks over it:"

All posted today already by this troll...........

Troll or not, you stalking his posts on different forums doesn't make you look much better.
#29xacebopPosted 2/25/2014 9:54:53 PM
You are stuck with what you got. Electronics become obsolete every day. MS rushed this console and let performance suffer for kinect. The whole approach to the console is why most people jumped ship. It was always going to be an entertainment system first and foremost which is why in regards to gaming the xbone is already obsolete.
#30Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/25/2014 9:56:23 PM
Team_Ninja posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
Team_Ninja posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
Team_Ninja posted...

Thats true and false...

I don't know what your point is against mines. All I'm saying is I shouldn't miss out on anything playing any game on an old or new version of the same console, because the specs are consistent. The developers didn't have to tweak, tinker, adjust, hold back, or change anything during their development of the game for the xbox 360 because the console that they're developing for had 2 difference versions with different specs. Developing for xbox 360 is developing for the xbox 360. Playing an xbox 360 game is playing an xbox 360 game. Shouldn't change from old to new model.

Specs are final and will be consistent through the life cycle until Xbox Two comes out. Deal with it. Right now all MS can hope for is that developers develop a fast learning curve for their system and be able to optimize it to compete with the PS4.

All hardware companies leave in the Specs can be changed at any notice

There is no final

3 years from now, they may just remove the hdmi in for the hell of it to save costs. etc. etc
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant