Titanfall will be unplayable for days.

#1Bigdaddy422Posted 2/25/2014 9:08:05 PM
I am loving my Xbox One, from the voice commands, to the games, and even the tv and fitness. It gets used daily, multiple times by my family and it's been awesome.

I loved the beta of TitanFall. I logged in at least 15 hours. Was saddened when it ended. I have the funds already on my MS account, to purchase digitally.

However, I know that I will have utter frustration for at least a week, when servers crash.

How do I know?

Battlefield 4. The first game I bought digitally. The didn't work for over a month. Disconnects and glitches. It made me angry. I even got a refund from MS, even though I re bought it digitally a week or so later lol.

Now the beta gave me hope, when it crashed, Respawn reacted quickly.

However, I am met with the same frustration over Garden Warfare right now. I cannot log in at all. It aggravates me because I was looking forward to playing it, as it was a lot of fun earlier.

I dont know who to even be mad at. EA or MS?

Does anyone think EA and MS will come through for Titanfall? Especially with the influx of new buyers?
#2bessy67Posted 2/25/2014 9:11:25 PM
Battlefield and PvZ use EA's servers. Titanfall uses Azure, plus they just had a beta with 2 million users to iron out issues. I'm actually pretty confident that Titanfall will have a relatively smooth release.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3BigPapi829Posted 2/25/2014 9:12:39 PM
I'm out of all the games you just mentioned, Titanfall is the only that will use Azure servers and also the fact they stress test during beta over 2 million people played, I expect the first day to be bad but nothing to the level of BF4.
#4kidwgmPosted 2/25/2014 9:12:54 PM
There might be small issues but I'm sure overall the servers will be more than adequate.
---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4. Coming soon P vs Z and Titanfall.
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#5ILikeGamesManPosted 2/25/2014 9:14:13 PM
Lets put it this way, anything is possible and it could be a nightmare. The thing is though, the servers were beta tested with a lot of people so far, its using azure servers and MS is putting a lot of focus and faith into Titanfall. If any huge game is going to run smoothly or close to smoothly at launch, it'll be this one.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
Best thread ever. Current number of Laylow12 alt accounts = 5
#6phoenix9291Posted 2/25/2014 9:15:17 PM
They just had a beta and then opened it up to the public to stress test the system....this is more likely to have a smooth launch than a highly unstable one.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
Intel Core i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz, 6MB L3 cache- 8GB DDR3 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, 2048MB video memory- 1TB 5400 rpm
#7SamcroReaperPosted 2/25/2014 9:15:22 PM
Azure isn't EA's servers. Calm the hell down, nancy.
#8mike468Posted 2/25/2014 9:27:28 PM
I stopped reading when you cited Battlefield, troll. I've played both Bf3 and BF4 games as well as the betas, and the TitanFall beta. The TitanFall beta ran smoother than both BF betas. I had zero problems with the TitanFall beta or the servers, which both BF betas had server issues apprent in both of them from the beginning and which Dice insisted where fixed leading up to the launch of the game.

I don't see there being major server issues with TitanFall when it launches. There may be some minor hiccups like games like Halo suffered, but not to the horrendous extent that BF 3 & 4 suffered.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#9lunaticcorePosted 2/25/2014 9:29:47 PM
Azure Servers...Open Beta.

Gonna be fine.
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/25/2014 9:32:28 PM(edited)
You guys think Azure servers magically make a difference in how stable a game is, it has nothing to do with the servers, has to do with the code of the game. Marketing hype is strong with some of you

Edit: and actually when the servers went down for 8 hours, was actually due to Microsoft, lol
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant