"Xbox on"

#1G-no05Posted 2/25/2014 10:09:18 PM
Does not turn on everytime for my xbox...why?..sometimes i sit there and yell at it...U dont know how crazy it looks lol its like MS plays jokes on me :*(
---
PSN: Tweak05
FC: 3969-5563-7113
#2mokmuudPosted 2/25/2014 10:12:17 PM
I have the same problem.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#3kushahilicPosted 2/25/2014 10:14:29 PM
Mine only works if the room is silent
#4staticxtreme5Posted 2/25/2014 10:14:47 PM
For some dumb reason the first time I say it I always say "Xbox turn on", which never works. I then say "Xbox, On" and it works fine. I don't know why I keep saying it like that, you'd think I'd learn by now. When I actually say it the way Kinect wants it said it works. Maybe your doing something like that as well?

Its strange though, because I think the command to turn it off is "Xbox, turn off". I might be wrong, but that always works for me. Dunno why I can say "turn" on the off command, but not the on command.

Bottom line is Kinect can be finicky and particular, hopefully they expound on its vocabulary since it is a pretty cool device when it works right.
#5G-no05(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 10:22:55 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
For some dumb reason the first time I say it I always say "Xbox turn on", which never works. I then say "Xbox, On" and it works fine. I don't know why I keep saying it like that, you'd think I'd learn by now. When I actually say it the way Kinect wants it said it works. Maybe your doing something like that as well?

Its strange though, because I think the command to turn it off is "Xbox, turn off". I might be wrong, but that always works for me. Dunno why I can say "turn" on the off command, but not the on command.

Bottom line is Kinect can be finicky and particular, hopefully they expound on its vocabulary since it is a pretty cool device when it works right.

im saying it right..i say Xbox on...sometimes ill say it in different ways ..Xbox.......ON....or ...X..BOX...ON!!...sometimes it just doesn't want to come on..all the other commands for the system works...just not the on command...love the system so far
---
PSN: Tweak05
FC: 3969-5563-7113
#6pjnelsonPosted 2/25/2014 11:05:43 PM
I created a GamerTag "Xbox Turn Off Yes." The hope was that someone would encounter his Drivatar in Forza and say his name. Unfortunately, I didn't notice until after confirming that it cut off the "es" so he is "Xbox Turn Off Y."

:-(
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#7rcdude1990Posted 2/25/2014 11:18:55 PM
If u go to setting > power managment
You need to make sure your on the right setting cause theres like a power save mode or another forgot name but itll say like "something mode" turn Xbox on with your voice
#8RenamonPosted 2/25/2014 11:53:35 PM
rcdude1990 posted...
If u go to setting > power managment
You need to make sure your on the right setting cause theres like a power save mode or another forgot name but itll say like "something mode" turn Xbox on with your voice

No crap dude. He said it doesn't work every time. Meaning it does work sometimes. SO if he's turning it off and then complaining that it's not working ... then ... I dunno what to say.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#9RaRitsujunPosted 2/26/2014 3:34:40 AM
Don't worry. MS will release a 1GB patch to fix it.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#10lunaticcorePosted 2/26/2014 3:43:03 AM
Dunno.. I sometimes say it twice, but I am almost always doing something else while getting ready to sit down to play or watch TV. I say it when I am putting my keys and wallet up, plugging in my phone and ipod, changing out of work clothes etc..