Black screen when trying to "go home" while playing Forza??

#1mweezy10Posted 2/26/2014 3:51:40 AM
This doesn't happen on any other game I own.

I can turn on the system, do everything fine normally.

I pop in Forza and it plays fine....but if I want to Go Home, the screen goes black. I can still hear sounds, but there is no returning the picture unless I hard reset the system. I read about the random black screen issue, in which a hard reset fixes it, but this one is triggered by a specific action on a specific game...

anyone heard of this issue?
---
Gamertag: Black Aces | Advocare distributor - teamdowork.net
*This line changes when Cowboys win SuperBowl* (2003)
#2Jptremblay13Posted 2/26/2014 5:17:19 AM
Have you tried a complete system shut down? (Holding the xbox power button for like 5-10sec)
#3Rdeal2Posted 2/26/2014 6:07:14 AM(edited)
Had this happen to me about 4 times now since the update but not just on one game,i am sure they know about the bug and will fix it in the next update
#4OUberLordPosted 2/26/2014 6:05:26 AM
I've had this happen in TitanFall and Black Flag as well. It's an issue with the most recent system update. Oddly if I use the voice command to go home I haven't had the problem.
#5tonytonitonPosted 2/26/2014 1:07:39 PM
It's happened to me about 5 times in Forza, every time I try to go back to the home page. Only time it's happened elsewhere was in the middle of a PvZ match last night.
#62ndAtomiskPosted 2/26/2014 1:09:16 PM
The same thing happens to me. Only it's with Killer Instinct. That's the only digital game I own, so maybe that has something to do with it?
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
http://abload.de/img/zeronailed4xz8o.gif
#7squarex8264Posted 2/26/2014 1:15:27 PM
mweezy10 posted...

I pop in Forza and it plays fine....but if I want to Go Home, the screen goes black. I can still hear sounds, but there is no returning the picture unless I hard reset the system. I read about the random black screen issue, in which a hard reset fixes it, but this one is triggered by a specific action on a specific game...

Do you always hit it in Forza every time you do a certain sequence? Or is it only happening sometimes while you play the game? If the latter, could just be bad luck or Forza is hitting it more often for some reason.

If the former, maybe you found a good set of steps to cause it to happen.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#8Darkside_ShadowPosted 2/26/2014 1:52:57 PM
Jptremblay13 posted...
Have you tried a complete system shut down? (Holding the xbox power button for like 5-10sec)

I did this recently. Shut it off and then unplugged the power cable for 10 sec.
No problems at all since then.
#9mweezy10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 1:09:55 AM
Yes I've tried the system reset...said that in the first post...maybe didn't say that clear enough.

It just happens with Forza for me. I know now that if I play Forza, I'm locked into the game until I'm done with it because I have to reset the system to get back to my TV...

this is such a frustrating issue, as I'm playing Forza the most right now.
---
#10mweezy10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 1:12:57 AM
squarex8264 posted...
mweezy10 posted...

Do you always hit it in Forza every time you do a certain sequence? Or is it only happening sometimes while you play the game? If the latter, could just be bad luck or Forza is hitting it more often for some reason.

If the former, maybe you found a good set of steps to cause it to happen.

There is no specific sequence...just pressing the xbox button to go home at any point while playing Forza.
---