Microsoft says Xbox one price cuts are not out of desperation.

#51PippyThePooperPosted 2/26/2014 8:11:32 PM
mistergrownman posted...
Yea..... whatever. You don't drop the price so soon when your selling well and making good money. What kind of fools do they take us for?

Well, if the number of certain pro-everything-microsoft posters on this board are anything to go by, there are at least a few fools out in the world to be had.
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would. Or has.
#52PippyThePooperPosted 2/26/2014 8:13:21 PM
bleedingelite posted...
Better how? Better because Sony is going to be a dead company within the year?

Oh child....

Sony's video game and film businesses are doing just fine and dandy.

Stay in school and learn something.
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would. Or has.
#53hak145Posted 2/26/2014 8:22:02 PM
lol xbot defense force in full swing. you simply cannot comprehend how the roles of sony and MS are in reverse. Sony is dying, but its playstation section is flourishing while MS is doing good but its xbox division is dying.
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump, PSN: CRAZIERjump
Winner: Dark Souls.....2
#54TheBonfiniPosted 2/26/2014 8:53:36 PM
If they'd just apoLOLgize they wouldn't need to seem desperate. Just say you're sorry and win back the millions of gamers with integrity that are boycotting.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#55KolanifvPosted 2/26/2014 9:29:55 PM(edited)
The price cut lowers the price of the X1, but it's still almost $670 in US currency in the UK based on today's rate. By comparison, the PS4 comes out at $582 USD based on the GBP rate.
#56nonexistingheroPosted 3/3/2014 4:57:41 AM(edited)
regsantotomas posted...
There is no point to this thread because those convinced that it is out of desperation are not seeking any sort of dialog to the contrary.

While it's not large enough to call 'desperation', anyone that has some common sense would see that it is because the system is not selling as well as they were expecting. Fact is, the prices of commercial products do not get lowered if they are selling good enough. The system launched for 430 pounds with no games, to being 400 pounds with a brand new game for free in less than 4 months.

Yeah, coinciding the price drop with the release Titanfall is a strategic move to get most sales out of it, while at the same time avoiding as much negative press as possible, but if the system was selling well enough, they wouldn't have made this move at all. They'd have just released a Titanfall bundle for 460-470 pounds instead.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#57nableetPosted 3/3/2014 5:25:28 AM
"Lol 1000 Sony employees have lost their jobs! Rejoice brothers" - xbot

Disappointing that others revel in people losing their jobs, but not surprising.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#58evecharmevePosted 3/3/2014 6:46:33 AM
Kuebel33 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Price cuts.... they happen.

Generally not after only 3 months.

That's why they aren't cutting the price, They are adding value.

They want sales and a bigger install base faster at a time after infamous which is an B rate single player title is going to be the only thing their competition has of worth for the next 6 months.

It's strategy
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#59Golden MavenPosted 3/3/2014 6:54:35 AM
I find it mildly interesting how Sony trolls always have poor English. They look ridiculous.
#60nableetPosted 3/3/2014 7:29:58 AM
evecharmeve posted...
Kuebel33 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Price cuts.... they happen.

Generally not after only 3 months.

That's why they aren't cutting the price, They are adding value.

They want sales and a bigger install base faster at a time after infamous which is an B rate single player title is going to be the only thing their competition has of worth for the next 6 months.

It's strategy

They cut the price in the UK and "added value".
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff