Does anyone know if I can d/l a game from my disc to the hd or external hd?

#1skermacPosted 2/26/2014 12:20:58 PM
Here is the deal. Physical game disc's are taking more and more space for required installs. It used to be 3 or 4gb but now some need 30, 40, 50 or more gb just to play the disc! I don't want to switch to full digital because if at some point in the future I might decide to sell my physical copy, plus it's cheaper buying a physical game over a digital as I get a lot of games used.

If I have to install 50gb from a disc I might as well install the entire game. Can I copy the entire disc to a hd or external drive? I would like to get a few external drives and copy my game discs to them. Is this possible? How?

I know I would probably need to put in my disc for the system to verify its my game on the hd or external drive but that's not a problem.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 3:30:19 PM
bump
---
#3TreGoodaPosted 2/26/2014 3:34:17 PM
I believe external HDD use is coming in the future.

For now it can manage it through a dynamic system. It will automatically create space for the new game you're playing while removing info from other games then reinstalling the stuff you'll need when you play an older game.

Unless you're swapping 10-15 games around constantly until that update is available, this won't be an issue at all and even then it would be a minor inconvenience sometimes.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 5:07:32 PM
TreGooda posted...
I believe external HDD use is coming in the future.

For now it can manage it through a dynamic system. It will automatically create space for the new game you're playing while removing info from other games then reinstalling the stuff you'll need when you play an older game.

Unless you're swapping 10-15 games around constantly until that update is available, this won't be an issue at all and even then it would be a minor inconvenience sometimes.

cool, thanks!
---