Why are you a "Console Guy"?

#91kiljaedenPosted 2/26/2014 10:04:08 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
kiljaeden posted...
teh1337gosu posted...
kiljaeden posted...
I was a PC gamer for years... and years. Got tired of the upgrades, games not working without a ton of effort, and playing the same thing for 5+ years.

Its nice to sit on the couch with a controller playing on a 60" TV too.

PC + HDMI cable + any wireless controller

You can do the same thing. Why do console only players see the couch and TV as an exclusive feature.

PCs are superior economically, have better graphics, can be played with multiple inputs, have services like steam which update all your games and has a great friends system, controls are superior in fps, the hardware is modifiable by your choice, a pc that is more powerful than a console will always be more powerful than that console without upgrades.

And free online

All consoles have is ease of use. But that is being taken away by patches., day 1 downloads, firmware updates etc.

People like consoles because you don't have to think when using it. That's not a bad thing, but that's the biggest draw.

Nintendo consoles offer the most exclusives and have great handhelds. The Xbox is slowly becoming irrelevant and requires Microsoft to buckle down and get the One together. We need more games that use kinect, more IPS to be used, better pricing schemes, and a focus on a console that doesn't use outdated cable boxes as a draw point.

Who really wants to run a cable from their PC to their TV 24/7? Youre single I bet.... Even then, without cable, ever try changing the channel youre watching on your PC?

...nevermind lol, I see youre just trolling.

I am single, and doing watch much TV.

I'm also a pc and console user. I always leaned towards consoles but pc is really becoming a cheaper and superior alternative.

It is cheaper, if you dont care about sitting at a desk or hooking a computer up to your tv and dont care about changing channels. Not to mention playing games a month or so after release.
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
Go 'Fins!
#92justdontaskPosted 2/26/2014 10:27:55 PM
i have a gaming PC, but it gets the least amount of use out of all my gaming things.

why? controllers. i just like having a simple controller that fits in my hands, not a "controller" that my hand rests on.
---
i rarely return to topics i post in, if you have a problem with my posts, PM me.
i do track topics i create for a few days.
#93LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 2/26/2014 10:28:52 PM
Can I build a gaming pc? Sure, but gaming pc is a big commitment. Requires more time and resources than a console. I have research good deals on parts and sales on games.

Ask my girlfriend, I dont like commitmenting to so much effort.
#94quincy2000aPosted 2/26/2014 10:34:44 PM
Ironman06 posted...
I like the convenience and simplicity of it. I don't have the time nor the knowledge to maintain a gaming computer. It's nice just to be able to pick up a controller and play without having to worry about whether or not my specs are high enough.

This.

And I was actually surprised to find that my main computer can play Titanfall--thankfully it can.
#95kiljaedenPosted 2/26/2014 10:38:06 PM
I have the knowledge, but Civ 5 repeatedly crashing blows.
---
Warning: This opinion may not be suitable for younger users.
Go 'Fins!
#96aheroafakePosted 2/26/2014 10:41:10 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Price isn't the gating factor for me. The affordability of a PC counterpart plays no part in that decision. Here are the reasons that impact me:

Convenience.
Sure, I CAN setup a PC. Configure it how I want. Use a controller just like a console. But really, what's the point in putting all that effort. I don't want to bother with getting my PC just right. I just want it to work.

Aesthetics
While I am sure many of you don't care what a PC looks like in your living room or wherever you set it up - they are in large part an eye sore to me and certainly my wife.

Ubiquity
Ties into convenience but there is a sense of comfort knowing that this game has been qualified and will work on the system that it is intended for.

Friends and Family
Very few of my actual life family and friends play or have any interest in PC gaming.

While console doesn't offer the best possible graphical experience at any given point, the quality I enjoy from my console(s) is more than adequate for my needs.

---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#97heeeee1eeeeePosted 2/26/2014 11:02:11 PM
Honestly because im poor.
---
Who needs a SigNaTuRe!
#98TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/26/2014 11:10:02 PM
1. I like upgrading hardware as much as buying new tires.
2. Console games are more fun for me.
3. I hate the way a PC community feels. It's just not for me.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#99singhellotakuPosted 2/26/2014 11:20:19 PM
controllers
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot