Does the Xbox one support OTA HD?

#1teh1337gosuPosted 2/26/2014 7:40:32 PM(edited)
I don't have cable anymore as I get more sport fixes online or in uncompressed HD OTA which is superior to cable and satellite. I also use streaming and bluray DVD for media, crackle etc. Plus TV IMO has gotten so god awful that its not worth it unless you watch multiple sports everyday and need espn

Does the Xbone even support people cable boxes? If not, how has Xbox one enhanced your media experience? Is there any partnered or exclusive online content?
---
Yvan eht nioj
#2AftCometPosted 2/26/2014 7:36:52 PM
Good question.
---
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android
#3jekyllPosted 2/27/2014 4:56:27 AM
voice control alone enhances it. I watch almost nothing on AMC but Walking Dead, so have no idea what its channel number is. Since I just have to yell "Xbox, Watch AMC" I don't have to fiddle through the guide anymore.
---
CloudMir on Xbox One/360 and PS3
#4richie579Posted 2/27/2014 8:02:07 AM
The xb1 doesn't have a built in tuner for antennas, so I'd say no. The HDMI input is meant for cable/satellite/fiber boxes and it gets it's tv listings over the internet depending on who you set your provider as in the One Guide settings.
#5teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 1:34:35 PM
richie579 posted...
The xb1 doesn't have a built in tuner for antennas, so I'd say no. The HDMI input is meant for cable/satellite/fiber boxes and it gets it's tv listings over the internet depending on who you set your provider as in the One Guide settings.

That sucks, hopefully there's an update or something.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/27/2014 1:37:37 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
richie579 posted...

That sucks, hopefully there's an update or something.
sorry to link kotaku here, but there are some alternative options listed in this article, and in the videos embedded: http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-can-do-a-lot-more-than-you-might-think-1501411519
#7TrickyPonyPosted 2/27/2014 1:40:17 PM
jekyll posted...
voice control alone enhances it. I watch almost nothing on AMC but Walking Dead, so have no idea what its channel number is. Since I just have to yell "Xbox, Watch AMC" I don't have to fiddle through the guide anymore.

I can't wait to tell my xbox to watch baseball games through the MLB.TV app
#8Dave_is_my_namePosted 2/27/2014 2:01:06 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
Plus TV IMO has gotten so god awful that its not worth it unless you watch multiple sports everyday and need espn

Are you kidding me? TV is in a new renaissance!

Venture Bros, Breaking Bad (which just ended), Justified, Mad Men, the Americans, Hannibal, Archer, Always Sunny, Game of Thrones, Brooklyn 99, Bob's Burgers, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead

And that's just scratching the surface, I could go on and on.

If you can't find anything good on TV, you must hate life.
---
3DS FC: 2105-9152-7042
IGN: Zyzzyva