Global up - Feb 22 - PS4 449,705/Xbox One 56,769

#81TauriLeaderPosted 3/2/2014 4:26:14 AM
The March number will be interesting alright.

I use Amazon bestsellers lists to see where the trends are. The Titanfall bundle is not moving as much as I expected. It is only number 10 on the list but I was expecting at least number 3. The game itself should be number 1 but it is number 6.

The UK is another story. The game is sitting pretty on number 1 but the bundle has been falling down the chart very quickly it is sitting on number 23 while the Fifa one is number 35. This surprises me since the UK got a free game and a 30 price cut. It looks like people who already own the console are buying the game but so far it is not selling thousands of systems.

It could be because the PS4 came back in stock and jumped up to 16.

Just to say again I deal with trends and there are other retailers would very well sell more units that Amazon.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#82SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 4:49:28 AM
TauriLeader posted...
The March number will be interesting alright.

I use Amazon bestsellers lists to see where the trends are. The Titanfall bundle is not moving as much as I expected. It is only number 10 on the list but I was expecting at least number 3. The game itself should be number 1 but it is number 6.

The UK is another story. The game is sitting pretty on number 1 but the bundle has been falling down the chart very quickly it is sitting on number 23 while the Fifa one is number 35. This surprises me since the UK got a free game and a 30 price cut. It looks like people who already own the console are buying the game but so far it is not selling thousands of systems.

It could be because the PS4 came back in stock and jumped up to 16.

Just to say again I deal with trends and there are other retailers would very well sell more units that Amazon.

Yeah, the March numbers will be pretty good for making a future estimate.

Titanfall is pretty much the biggest release in quite some time, so the xbox numbers should show a big spike if it really is the system seller it's made out to be.

If there isn't at least some indication of catching up to ps4 or distancing from the WiiU sales, the xbox is in pretty deep water.
#83BeefEasterPosted 3/2/2014 4:54:57 AM
maybe titanfall can help the xbox one outsell the ps3 this month
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#84LordRazielPosted 3/2/2014 4:59:09 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
PS3 outsold the bone...

x1 is dead.
---
-------------
Dashing
#85InjusticeRebornPosted 3/2/2014 5:20:51 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
So xbox sales are almost at the same level as the WiiU sales.

The WiiU, which is considered to be doing bad even by Nintendo itself.

And this is just a few months after release, while the WiiU was released a year earlier.

I really don't see how anyone could claim the xbox sales are good, going by these facts.

Ermm. A console that has been out a few months sells almost the same amount to that of a console that has been out a year.

It's like Bolt giving everyone a 5 second head start in the 100m sprint, and losing by 100ths of a second.
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#86SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 5:30:50 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...

Ermm. A console that has been out a few months sells almost the same amount to that of a console that has been out a year.

It's like Bolt giving everyone a 5 second head start in the 100m sprint, and losing by 100ths of a second.

No, you misunderstand: it's in the weekly sales numbers, not the total sales.

In total sales, the xbox is still around 2 million behind on the WiiU and the ps4, which both sit around 5.8 million.

So to use your analogy: the xbox comes in just ahead in a 100m sprint against a guy who has already run a marathon.
#87PHOENIXZEROPosted 3/2/2014 5:37:34 AM
method115 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
krystyla posted...
What I am saying is that MS overestimated the demand in their initial launch territories and that it is hurting them and that it is weird they aren't pushing their excess stock to new territories.

I don't think it's as simple as moving stock to new territories. There are other other costs involved and maybe they're anticipating the demand to be low so it wouldn't be worth it to use up resources to market the product on smaller territories. Of course, it's hard to say this considering they are still focused on Japan where half the people there don't even know what an Xbox is.

Im shocked at how bad MS is selling. I see them advertising everywhere. This guy at work had a mountain dew can and it said Xbox one on it. I'm not seeing any advertisements from Sony at all except for the rare commercial I catch whenever I'm cursed enough to be in a situation were I have to watch cable TV.

Lots of well publicized bad PR, the word that the PS4 is a good deal more powerful continues to spread after nearly every multi-platform release, even more PR train wrecks for MS, a device and features very few people care about with Kinect and pseudo cable box functionality in an era where more and more people every day are dumping cable TV in favor of online services and to top it all off the console is a hundred dollars more than its direct competition with nothing to really show for it.
#88InjusticeRebornPosted 3/2/2014 5:47:15 AM
SoulTrapper posted...

No, you misunderstand: it's in the weekly sales numbers, not the total sales.

In total sales, the xbox is still around 2 million behind on the WiiU and the ps4, which both sit around 5.8 million.

So to use your analogy: the xbox comes in just ahead in a 100m sprint against a guy who has already run a marathon.

And for that I will apologise.

Went with the assumption it was total, because of the PS4 total at the bottom of opening post. Did wonder why Xbox One's total wasn't listed. :/

But then I still have to disagree with the 'not good' remark towards the Xbox One. A console in a few regions selling more than one that is cheaper and in most if not all regions? Come on. :)
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#89SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 5:52:14 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...

And for that I will apologise.

Went with the assumption it was total, because of the PS4 total at the bottom of opening post. Did wonder why Xbox One's total wasn't listed. :/

But then I still have to disagree with the 'not good' remark towards the Xbox One. A console in a few regions selling more than one that is cheaper and in most if not all regions? Come on. :)

Those "few regions" are the regions the xbox had it's biggest consumer base the past generation.

The fact that it isn't region locked and people can import it, doesn't exactly help with the "bu-but fewer regions" argument either.

And of course, guessing that it would sell more when released in those other regions is nothing but guessing.

Facts are simple: it's on the same level sales wise as the WiiU, a console that is considered to be a failure by pretty much everyone.

The PS4 sells more than the xbox even when it costs more, as proven by the Infamous bundle.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68662699

The pricing isn't the only problem the xbox has, people just prefer to buy a ps4.
#90leatheljPosted 3/2/2014 7:30:52 AM
copycat2008 posted...
xbox fans hate it when it payback time, have a taste of your own medicine
you rub you r360 sales back when you were ahead we never said anthing you started this.
ps3 outsold you in 2012 and not a single topic of it.

now we are ahead again and all i see is complains.
thats what you get for starting this crap

That's....pretty sad it's just a game console a toy really. Really immature
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.