I own an Xbox One

#1uniquebadgerPosted 2/27/2014 11:23:25 AM
And i plan on buying a PS4 in a couple months when i save up some extra cash. Personally i want both systems to have close competition. One thing fanboys don't seem to understand is that it is good for both consoles to go back in forth in power and ability and not have one console to outshine the other every generation. If one console monopolized on everything every generation then it would be bad for us consumers/gamers.

Plus for me personally i got the xbox one first because that is what a majority of my real life friends play on. Getting the ps4 first wouldn't have made sense since a lot of my friends stayed on xbox.
#2Sith JediPosted 2/27/2014 11:29:44 AM
Neat.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#3Jami393Posted 2/27/2014 11:30:44 AM
TC if you want all current gen consoles to keep close to the competition then you can't say I want both systems, seeing that they're three systems along with the two portable consoles.
#4uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 11:30:52 AM
At this point i think xbox/ps fanboys are becoming more annoying then android/apple fanboys
#5DarthUchiha91Posted 2/27/2014 11:30:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1okqbnePQ
---
The best thing about being a schizophrenic is that I don't have to eat lunch alone- DarthUchiha91
#6bushidoblitzzPosted 2/27/2014 11:31:37 AM
PS2 had all the games and was widely considered one of the best consoles of all time. So no, having 2 console manufacturers doesn't magically make gaming better.
---
Home What's New Contribute Features Boards Users Help 3DS DS iPhone PC PS2 PS3 PS4 PSP Vita Wii Wii U Xbox 360 Xbox One All Systems
#7uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 11:32:56 AM
Jami393 posted...
TC if you want all current gen consoles to keep close to the competition then you can't say I want both systems, seeing that they're three systems along with the two portable consoles.

You do have a point. But in all honesty i actually forget that nintendo even exists anymore. I don't know a single person that owns one personally. That being said, it would be nice if it was on par with the other consoles, but the market it goes for is just so different.
#8Jami393Posted 2/27/2014 11:34:51 AM
uniquebadger posted...
Jami393 posted...

You do have a point. But in all honesty i actually forget that nintendo even exists anymore. I don't know a single person that owns one personally. That being said, it would be nice if it was on par with the other consoles, but the market it goes for is just so different.

I don't think the power really matters, as long as they can still bring out good games for the console.
#9uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 11:35:08 AM
bushidoblitzz posted...
PS2 had all the games and was widely considered one of the best consoles of all time. So no, having 2 console manufacturers doesn't magically make gaming better.

Well here is a good example. Both companies were considering always online DRM. Sony was just smart at let Microsoft give the news about it first. If Microsoft had no competition they could have freely went through with that plan without real consequences. Also you're right, i really did enjoy a ton of games on the ps2 at the time.
#10uniquebadger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2014 11:37:07 AM
Jami393 posted...
uniquebadger posted...
Jami393 posted...

I don't think the power really matters, as long as they can still bring out good games for the console.

I agree good games can be made without a ton of power. I would prefer gameplay being the main focus and try to get graphics on par once excellent gameplay is out of the way. That being said, if Nintendo would make games i would be interested in i would buy that console. But for the multi-plats i don't think it is worth it, and sadly their are no exclusives that i know of that i would want.