Is Halo Microsoft's only hope?

#11Man-BoobsPosted 2/27/2014 7:09:22 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
chrisromans123 posted...
I'm sure I will get hate for this, but Halo isn't that great anymore imo. 4 was a pretty good game, but the mp just couldn't hold my attention like the older ones did. Hopefully 343 do a better job with 5.
you'll get a lot of agreement from people who hope the next halo game doesn't help xo sales. but, i'll agree that i hope the next one is better than the last. not bad, for their first original effort though. and i think it destroyed all the others, graphically.

I gotta agree with Chris but not out of some childish desire to see the Bone fail. Really enjoyed Halo Reach but found Halo 4 to be quite lacking.
#12Ramsus082Posted 2/27/2014 7:12:36 PM(edited)
They could cut the price in a more permanent manner, but it might be too soon to concede that point. They'll probably see how many units Titanfall moves, bundle all platform sales together for the press release statements and see if that builds more confidence in it's medium-term prospects and re-evaluate over the summer. They're not taking first place, even in the states, but a healthy price cut and proof that the brand still has the cache to move exclusive games at huge numbers could keep some publishers from signing exclustivity deals with Sony. That's what a victory looks like for them at this point.

TL;DR: Titanfall.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#13LooksLikeRainPosted 2/27/2014 7:38:53 PM
Microsoft doesn't need a last hope, or a saving grace, or whatever melodramatic words you people love to use on a daily basis. Microsoft is doing just fine.
---
Is that a W shirt?
#14Dark_LawlPosted 2/27/2014 7:41:47 PM
The Xbone is barely selling better than the Wii U now. If Titanfall doesn't hold it for a while, the Xbone is another failure.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#15RaRitsujunPosted 2/27/2014 7:53:48 PM
Dark_Lawl posted...
The Xbone is barely selling better than the Wii U now. If Titanfall doesn't hold it for a while, the Xbone is another failure.

Precisely.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#16BruceLee1974Posted 2/27/2014 7:55:01 PM
I think TitanFall is Microsoft's big hope to be honest.
#17GeistPosted 2/27/2014 7:59:26 PM
No...., there is another...
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!