Games having issues?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Games having issues?

User Info: thisispurecrap

thisispurecrap
3 years ago#1
I've noticed some topics in various forums about games not loading or being glitchy, and read someone suggest to do a 'cold reboot'

I'm loving my xbox one so far but I feel that you shouldn't have to do a cold reboot on a console, this is supposed to be a user friendly electronic, where the casual gamer wants to insert a disk and play a game in between his job and his other responsibilities. The more tech-savvy users pimp out their gaming pc and know what a cold reboot is and why it is needed, other people should not have to find out how to go around the Xbox's misdemeanors.

I think that is why more people buy Sony's Play Station, the brand is generally known for good quality products while my xbox is having a hiccup every month.
34 snes games and counting...

User Info: Renamon

Renamon
3 years ago#2
Probably more a game issue than a console issue.

And don't say that PC gamers don't have to do a full reboot sometimes too.

The xbox's instant on feature is the same as putting your PC into sleep mode. If you constantly do that instead of doing a full restart then of course games will have issues every once in a while.
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games

thisispurecrap
3 years ago#3
I meant pc gamers are expected to know what that is and when to do it, console gamers shouldn't.

User Info: Troll_Directory

Troll_Directory
3 years ago#4
some of the things we've all had to do over the decades to make our games play on consoles is quite ridiculous. i don't think occasionally rebooting at the beginning of a new generation, is all that unusual considering just how complex the hardware and software is. certainly less bizarre than pulling out a nintendo cartridge several times to blow "dust?" out of it, or turning your ps1 upside down to get the disc-reading laser to fall back in place, or wrapping a towel around your 360.

thisispurecrap
3 years ago#5
those are more hardware or maintenance issues, Xbone's problems are with its software, right out of the box.

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
3 years ago#6
Renamon posted...

The xbox's instant on feature is the same as putting your PC into sleep mode. If you constantly do that instead of doing a full restart then of course games will have issues every once in a while.

more likely to be a console issue than a game issue

it started happening to people after the last firmware update and the games it happened on are not the same.
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone

User Info: krystyla

krystyla
3 years ago#7
Aceviper posted...
Renamon posted...

more likely to be a console issue than a game issue

it started happening to people after the last firmware update and the games it happened on are not the same.

I never had the black screen but once Kinect wasn't working and a few times audio settings switched to 7.1
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB

User Info: jrush2011

jrush2011
3 years ago#8
Renamon posted...

Direct him to the Kool Aid and the lubricant...Sure, that will fix it!
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!

User Info: LEGEND_725

LEGEND_725
3 years ago#9
thisispurecrap posted...
I meant pc gamers are expected to know what that is and when to do it, console gamers shouldn't.

Wut?
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE

User Info: asmodai48

asmodai48
3 years ago#10
thisispurecrap posted...

Now that's a peasant line.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Games having issues?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived