Games having issues?

#1thisispurecrapPosted 2/28/2014 1:04:06 AM
I've noticed some topics in various forums about games not loading or being glitchy, and read someone suggest to do a 'cold reboot'

I'm loving my xbox one so far but I feel that you shouldn't have to do a cold reboot on a console, this is supposed to be a user friendly electronic, where the casual gamer wants to insert a disk and play a game in between his job and his other responsibilities. The more tech-savvy users pimp out their gaming pc and know what a cold reboot is and why it is needed, other people should not have to find out how to go around the Xbox's misdemeanors.

I think that is why more people buy Sony's Play Station, the brand is generally known for good quality products while my xbox is having a hiccup every month.
---
34 snes games and counting...
#2RenamonPosted 2/28/2014 1:07:38 AM(edited)
Probably more a game issue than a console issue.

And don't say that PC gamers don't have to do a full reboot sometimes too.

The xbox's instant on feature is the same as putting your PC into sleep mode. If you constantly do that instead of doing a full restart then of course games will have issues every once in a while.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3thisispurecrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 1:14:34 AM
I meant pc gamers are expected to know what that is and when to do it, console gamers shouldn't.
---
#4Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/28/2014 1:31:51 AM
some of the things we've all had to do over the decades to make our games play on consoles is quite ridiculous. i don't think occasionally rebooting at the beginning of a new generation, is all that unusual considering just how complex the hardware and software is. certainly less bizarre than pulling out a nintendo cartridge several times to blow "dust?" out of it, or turning your ps1 upside down to get the disc-reading laser to fall back in place, or wrapping a towel around your 360.
#5thisispurecrap(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 1:41:09 AM
those are more hardware or maintenance issues, Xbone's problems are with its software, right out of the box.
---
#6AceviperPosted 2/28/2014 2:40:31 AM
Renamon posted...

The xbox's instant on feature is the same as putting your PC into sleep mode. If you constantly do that instead of doing a full restart then of course games will have issues every once in a while.

more likely to be a console issue than a game issue

it started happening to people after the last firmware update and the games it happened on are not the same.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#7krystylaPosted 2/28/2014 3:03:02 AM
Aceviper posted...
Renamon posted...

more likely to be a console issue than a game issue

it started happening to people after the last firmware update and the games it happened on are not the same.

I never had the black screen but once Kinect wasn't working and a few times audio settings switched to 7.1
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#8jrush2011Posted 2/28/2014 3:43:24 AM
Renamon posted...

Direct him to the Kool Aid and the lubricant...Sure, that will fix it!
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
#9LEGEND_725Posted 2/28/2014 3:48:40 AM
thisispurecrap posted...
I meant pc gamers are expected to know what that is and when to do it, console gamers shouldn't.

Wut?
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#10asmodai48Posted 2/28/2014 4:01:48 AM
thisispurecrap posted...

Now that's a peasant line.