Can't sign in 0x800706BA If You see This Read Me.

#1I_am_an_IdeaPosted 2/28/2014 4:02:28 AM
Hey Guys and Gals I am just here dropping off a friendly reminder to help you if you get this message that plagued me since Thursday morning. Upon turning on the console you will find yourself unable to sign in, so the system asks you to sign in using a controller. When you do so you will receive this message

There was a problem
Couldn't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing into account.live.com. Sign in: 0x800706BA.

I went to work left the system off, came back still unable to sign in. I contacted MS Support chat. After a lengthy chat session I was basically told to call support when they open in the morning. The issue not being resolved had me pretty upset as I am sitting with a pricey paper weight now as most of the features require someone signed in.

Anyway onto the solution that resolved this issue for me. After I tried to powercylce the console I got irritated and just unplugged the consoles power source from the console itself. After I plugged it back in I turned it on and what do I see? After a slow reboot I am greeted with a welcome message. I don't know what caused the issue but unplugging it seemed to resolve it. So if you are afflicted with this message like I was try unplugging it before you waste time with support chat,
---
GT - I Am An Idea
PSN - Jdmcnay
#2RawringAirPosted 2/28/2014 4:04:28 AM
aint no gal on dis board
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#3xXkevitoXxPosted 2/28/2014 9:07:37 AM
I_am_an_Idea posted...
Hey Guys and Gals I am just here dropping off a friendly reminder to help you if you get this message that plagued me since Thursday morning. Upon turning on the console you will find yourself unable to sign in, so the system asks you to sign in using a controller. When you do so you will receive this message

There was a problem
Couldn't sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing into account.live.com. Sign in: 0x800706BA.

I went to work left the system off, came back still unable to sign in. I contacted MS Support chat. After a lengthy chat session I was basically told to call support when they open in the morning. The issue not being resolved had me pretty upset as I am sitting with a pricey paper weight now as most of the features require someone signed in.

Anyway onto the solution that resolved this issue for me. After I tried to powercylce the console I got irritated and just unplugged the consoles power source from the console itself. After I plugged it back in I turned it on and what do I see? After a slow reboot I am greeted with a welcome message. I don't know what caused the issue but unplugging it seemed to resolve it. So if you are afflicted with this message like I was try unplugging it before you waste time with support chat,

Thank you so much! I've been stuck on this for days and this worked.
#4I_am_an_Idea(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 9:44:09 AM
Hey never know when a lady decides to peruse the boards. xXkevitoXx I am glad this worked for you as it did for me.
---
GT - I Am An Idea
PSN - Jdmcnay
#5I_am_an_Idea(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 8:31:19 AM
Bump in case anyone else is effected.
---
GT - I Am An Idea
PSN - Jdmcnay
#6NeoGamerPosted 3/1/2014 8:39:43 AM
I just received a similar message (identical issue) only it was error code 0x80048883.

A little background. Yesterday Kinect Voice Commands were being unresponsive. I could say 'xbox on' no problem, calibrate the mic no problem, but saying 'xbox anything' once the console was on would yield no results.

I had read it was a cache issue so I unplugged the system last night before going to bed. This morning I plugged it in, got a slow boot and the Kinect voice commands worked fine. However, I wasn't able to sign in due to the error message.

I've tried another hard reboot (unplug of the console, modem, router) and have the same issue. I even booted without the network plugged in and 'signed in' to my profile just fine. I setup wireless which worked but as soon as it detected the internet and tried to sign my profile into MS, I was instantly signed out of the profile.

So is this a networking or security issue? Any ideas on further troubleshooting?
---
Would you kindly?
#7NeoGamerPosted 3/1/2014 10:33:12 AM
An update for anyone else who may be experiencing this.

After a lengthy and painful chat with MS, they finally told me that their engineers were working with Time Warner Cable to resolve an issue related to the sign in issue I was having. Not sure if it's legit or not. Additionally, the MS Status Website now reads:

3/1/2014 5:15:28 PM GMT:

We know some of you are running into issues signing in to Xbox Live, and we’re here to help. Thanks for your patience while we work toward a fix. Another update is coming your way in half an hour.

FYI
---
Would you kindly?
#8Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/1/2014 10:43:07 AM
Unplug it for 10sec, plug it back in.

*edit* nevermind didnt read the wall of text sorry.
#9NeoGamerPosted 3/1/2014 4:50:14 PM
Well I continue to have issues with X1. 360 worked fine, though I started getting some 'limited content' notices a few minutes ago while online. I have local friends on X1 but they don't have TWC.
---
Would you kindly?