Why did the last update just make everything worse? Or is it Ghosts?

#1PaperJR64Posted 2/28/2014 8:53:28 AM
It seems like since the last update:

- my friend and I tried to join a CoD Ghosts party to play together for 30 mins and failed
- I finish a campaign level and it crashes to the home menu and I lose all my level progress
- Xbox turn off. Yes. Yes only works half the time for me now
- sometimes I push the Xbox button in the middle of the game and the screen turns black. You can still hear sounds but the only real way to fix it is to turn off the system and unplug it

It's so frustrating. Especially with Titanfall right around the corner.
---
Wine 'em, dine 'em, 59 'em, Dad.
#2babytigger24Posted 2/28/2014 9:05:19 AM
Same problem.
voice commands rarely work.
Have to sign in using the pad as kinnect stops recognising me.
Black screen when using the home button on pad to exit game.if you use the voice commands to exit the game(when it works) it never seems to happen
#3towlie_420Posted 2/28/2014 9:08:50 AM
Ghosts has not ran properly for me since the patch right around when the maps came out. EVERY effing time I attempt to play that game it goes directly to my last campaign checkpoint. I figured IW knew that there MP is the worst piece of crap ever to don the name Call of Duty, and were just trying to save me from wanting to gouge my eyes out just for some excitement while playing that turd of a game.
On topic if your friend does not have the preview you will not be able to party up with him.
---
Corner camping isn't playing, its the video game equivalent of tripping people as they walk by
#4PaperJR64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 9:12:40 AM
towlie_420 posted...
On topic if your friend does not have the preview you will not be able to party up with him.

Preview?
---
Wine 'em, dine 'em, 59 'em, Dad.
#5towlie_420Posted 2/28/2014 9:16:06 AM
People who signed up for the preview of the new features, changes to friend setup, fixed party chat, Twitch streaming support and a bunch of other stuff. Anyway if one of you signed up and were chosen you would have gotten a 400(about)mb update in the last few days.
---
Corner camping isn't playing, its the video game equivalent of tripping people as they walk by
#6Goregasm17Posted 2/28/2014 9:22:52 AM
Oh my, TC and the first poster have absolutely no idea they've signed up for the Update preview...
How the hell do you go through that entire process and not comprehend that you've got a beta update?
#7MonicasBackPosted 2/28/2014 9:34:37 AM
all these problems happen without having the preview.
---
Monicaaa
#8bridog346Posted 2/28/2014 9:46:12 AM
Quite the opposite for me, everything seems to run a lot smoother especially the Kinect it recognizes me every time now and I rarely have to repeat the voice commands
---
Aim for the head, that's where the pudding is
#9iammchammerPosted 2/28/2014 12:37:14 PM
you must hard reset the console then unplug it for 5 minutes and these issues will go away, this all happened to me, not since I did that though. Not sure if it will happen again, but it hasn't since the feb update.
---
I Love my PS360
Gamer Tag: RedTurbo0 PSN: RedTurbo0
#10RenamonPosted 2/28/2014 12:40:52 PM
iammchammer posted...
you must hard reset the console then unplug it for 5 minutes and these issues will go away, this all happened to me, not since I did that though. Not sure if it will happen again, but it hasn't since the feb update.

...or just turn off instant on before turning off the console to do a full reboot. Or hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds. Always funny to see people take the hardest way out instead of going the easy way.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games