Has anyone had trouble connecting to Live?

#1SilentBPosted 2/28/2014 6:33:28 PM
When I startup my Xbox One, it rarely connects to Xbox Live. Sometimes I have to input the network password for it to boot, sometimes I have to multiple times, and sometimes I have to reboot my Xbox and when I input my password, it works. Connecting to the internet is only a problem with the One; I have no problem connecting with my laptop, nor with my Smartphone or Tablet, and my 360 connects instantly.

Has anyone else had this problem? Also, for those more knowledgeable than myself, what gives?
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#2unclekoolaid73Posted 2/28/2014 6:37:04 PM
If im playing online then my friend wants to I literally have to shut down the system and turn it back on otherwise he cant get into a match. It says the servers are not available every time. Very odd but this is my fix for the situation. It seems to only let the person who logged on first play anything online.
#3MoegittoPosted 2/28/2014 6:38:35 PM
I can browse stuff pretty well, I just can't buy games. I can download the free things like Killer Instinct and Apps, but I can't purchase anything like Stryder. I'm thinking it is a defect so I'm taking mine back to the store like right now.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#4SilentB(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 6:41:21 PM
Moegitto posted...
I can browse stuff pretty well, I just can't buy games. I can download the free things like Killer Instinct and Apps, but I can't purchase anything like Stryder. I'm thinking it is a defect so I'm taking mine back to the store like right now.

I may be (and probably am) wrong, but could your account possibly still be listed as a child account? I don't know if they can purchase anything.
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#5Lawboy2Posted 2/28/2014 7:11:29 PM
I'm having trouble...but I can't connect to psn either
#6MoegittoPosted 2/28/2014 9:51:30 PM
SilentB posted...
Moegitto posted...

I may be (and probably am) wrong, but could your account possibly still be listed as a child account? I don't know if they can purchase anything.

No, since it's my Xbox and I'm the only person in my apartment. I went to Gamestop and exchanged systems and the new Xbox ONE not only went through the initial set up process faster and I was able to get past my initial problems with Xbox Live on the system. About to FINALLY download Stryder now.
---
Everyone on GameFaqs pretty much is a troll. This site honestly has the WORST user base I have ever seen. -Tuggboat1121
#7killerchicken69Posted 2/28/2014 9:58:20 PM
No problem with connecting to live but for the past couple of days it says that I am unable to connect to Netflix. Seems like a hard shut down and reboot fixes the problem though.
---
"After time adrift among open stars. Along tides of light and through shoals of dust. I will return to where I began." Keelah se'lai.
#8SilentB(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 10:13:17 PM
Moegitto posted...
SilentB posted...
Moegitto posted...

No, since it's my Xbox and I'm the only person in my apartment. I went to Gamestop and exchanged systems and the new Xbox ONE not only went through the initial set up process faster and I was able to get past my initial problems with Xbox Live on the system. About to FINALLY download Stryder now.

That's interesting, was your original console a Day One/one of the first shipments?
---
#9MoegittoPosted 2/28/2014 10:28:56 PM
SilentB posted...
Moegitto posted...
SilentB posted...
Moegitto posted...

That's interesting, was your original console a Day One/one of the first shipments?

My first one was yesterday lol. I think it's the UI or the network isn't optimized for Xbox ONE yet because now I can't get anything else from Xbox Live. I was finally able to download Stryder but now I can't get Youtube. But I finally got a "Check back later, this service is not available" message so now I know it is them and not the system this time.
---