Since when did people start caring about

#1Hidan623Posted 2/28/2014 7:14:15 PM
Games with gold.......we payed for Gold for what 8 year or so without getting free games and no just because Sony is giving games away with their subscription people feel that MS HAS to do it as well??? Uh sorry that's not the way the world works. If you care that much about it get a ps4/ps3/psvita other wise Stop complaining.....I didn't get free stuff for all those years I payed for Gold and now people all of a sudden want stuff free with it -_-
#2DarkAdonis123Posted 2/28/2014 7:19:58 PM
It's not unusual for people to expect the same value. If you're ok with getting nothing, that's great, but that still doesn't mean it's wrong for others to expect something. The two are in direct competition.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#3sn3akywafflesPosted 2/28/2014 7:23:46 PM
are you really complaining about getting free stuff?
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#4MrImpatient35Posted 2/28/2014 7:23:58 PM
My initial impressions of PSN kinda did them in. Way before the Games with Gold program even started, I thought Xbox Live was WAY better than PSN. I'm sure the service has improved, but I still have it in my head that XBL is way better. Maybe the free games on PSN leveled the field. My friend has PS4, so I'll try out the new and improved PSN.

But basically what I'm saying is that I've always loved XBL. The games is just a plus. I'd love it without it.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#5Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 7:29:56 PM
sn3akywaffles posted...
are you really complaining about getting free stuff?

I'm not complaining about free stuff EVERYONE else is....their complaining that there aren't free stuff on xbox one yet and then the xbox 360 free games are "cheap" if what you are saying about me is to be a valid argument to my post then people shouldn't care how cheap the game is FREE is FREE regardless of the price it's only people complaining about ohhhh psn gets games worth $40 and stuff but like you say free is free so why does that matter?? plus xbox would be losing money at that point to offer games like that since you don't need gold to play the game people would only buy gold for the 40 dollar game and buy only a month for 9.99 so they just got a major discount on the game while psn you have to be plus to even play the games....it's kind of the trade off....i'd rather cheap games i actually own than games i have to keep paying for to play
#6Bikes-Posted 2/28/2014 7:34:01 PM
Considering Gold was always a borderline scam, the least MS could do is make it have the same value as it's competition.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#7Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2014 7:36:32 PM
Bikes- posted...
Considering Gold was always a borderline scam, the least MS could do is make it have the same value as it's competition.

ehhhh depends on what you consider a scam because paying to USE THEIR servers isn't a scam its the same as paying to watch netflix's movies....although with that being brought up i do find some of the silver restrictions a bit dumb like not being able to use netflix and stuff but then I think to myself why do I have an xbox if i'm not going to be playing games i can watch netflix on EVERY other device in my house heck my tv has netflix built in
#8Foxx3kPosted 2/28/2014 7:36:32 PM
I think Games With Gold was a bad idea from Microsoft's perspective.

More people are complaining louder about the terrible games than when they offered nothing. Their offering feels so slight it's insulting. It's not offering gamers anything at all and it welcome a comparison to PS+ that I don't think Microsoft wants.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#9Bikes-Posted 2/28/2014 7:45:49 PM
Hidan623 posted...
Bikes- posted...

ehhhh depends on what you consider a scam because paying to USE THEIR servers isn't a scam its the same as paying to watch netflix's movies....although with that being brought up i do find some of the silver restrictions a bit dumb like not being able to use netflix and stuff but then I think to myself why do I have an xbox if i'm not going to be playing games i can watch netflix on EVERY other device in my house heck my tv has netflix built in

The problem was (for at least the 360) it was mostly Peer to Peer servers iirc. While I don't know the current break up, EA provides Bf4 servers don't they, and yet you still need to pay MS. It's just stupid and I stopped paying for it ages ago (I usually just play online on my PC at this point, which through some witchcraft manages to have a good amount of dedicated servers and be free)
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/28/2014 7:49:37 PM
some people see games with gold as MS mockingly giving you hope and then spitting in your face and giving you the finger when they say they'll do what PS+ does with games and then dish out really old games or arcade games.
(and yes when i said some people I was referring to myself)
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."