what headset is better?

#1angel609Posted 2/28/2014 8:58:28 PM
Turtle Beach XO Seven or Polk Audio

i didnt know which one to buy. First I was leaning toward the Polk because of the look. But I ended up going with the TB. Mainly because it doesnt need a adapter to use. This was because I wanted a headset designed solely for the xb1. I may be completely wrong but thats my thought process.
---
GT-VandaliismZ (with 2 i's) add me
Coolest guy youll ever meet
#2Millertime660Posted 2/28/2014 9:08:49 PM
Save your money and get the headset adapter and a better set of headphones. I dont really have any experience with the polk ones but I think turtle beaches are garbage.
#3SVT52986Posted 2/28/2014 9:19:41 PM
Of the two it is a toss up in my opinion as both have good and bad points. The Turtle Beach Seven series are nice sounding headsets albeit a little uncomfortable as I found my XP Sevens very tight. I do not have a large head and they just hurt after about two hours. Polk Audio makes nice home speakers so their headset should sound great but who knows as its their first foray into gaming. I plan on sticking with my Astro A50s with the MS headset adapter. Hopefully the chat quality is decent or I will just buy the Polks.
#4lunaticcorePosted 2/28/2014 9:51:46 PM
Astros forever ...
<3

I dunno.. maybe Turtle Beach has improved in quality since I had mine.

Trittons are garbage.
#5BTM4444Posted 2/28/2014 11:51:38 PM
Don't buy astro a50's or any astro products. Bought mine from gamestop in early January.

Used them that weekend and didn't use em for a week cause college classes start. I go to use em that next weekend and the left speaker isn't working.

Get replacements from gamestop and a few days later, they stop charging. So I take them to gamestop get my money back and buy the turtle beach xp510's. Expensive but reliable!

I had turtle beach xp400's for about 2 years with no issues and went to Astros because I heard good things but never again will I buy any crap astro products.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#6x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 3/1/2014 12:12:14 AM(edited)
BTM4444 posted...
Don't buy astro a50's or any astro products. Bought mine from gamestop in early January.

Used them that weekend and didn't use em for a week cause college classes start. I go to use em that next weekend and the left speaker isn't working.

Get replacements from gamestop and a few days later, they stop charging. So I take them to gamestop get my money back and buy the turtle beach xp510's. Expensive but reliable!

I had turtle beach xp400's for about 2 years with no issues and went to Astros because I heard good things but never again will I buy any crap astro products.

I've had A40 Wireless and A50. Neither headset ever did this to me and my friend now has my A40 which works great still. Astro makes excellent products so I can't figure out why you had such bad luck.

I have several friends who had Turtle Beach headsets and they randomly broke. Obviously different experiences from you
#7CapwnDPosted 3/1/2014 12:20:29 AM
Too early to tell.

Astro is good, but not perfect.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8SVT52986Posted 3/1/2014 4:33:13 AM
BTM4444 posted...

Turtle Beach headsets are far from perfect as well. My X12s and XP400s are still in great shape but I had to return my XP Sevens as the left speaker died twice on me. Once on my original then on the replacement. Numerous threads on Turtle Beaches official forum regarding the same issue. Now both my Astro A40s and A50s have had zero issues thus far. Not saying Astro is perfect as there are plenty of threads on their forums from customers with issues but I personally have had no problems. Its really a crap shoot as you can get a defective product from any manufacturer and tend to build resentment against said manufacturer when you do.
#9PoweredMilkManPosted 3/1/2014 4:41:39 AM
The XO's are pretty good and they say it's surround sound through the adapter, which they come with one. I kinda want to sell my XP Sevens and get the XOs, they are built for the x1.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#10Stabs2503Posted 3/1/2014 5:04:59 AM(edited)
I have had my xp500s for a long time now but apparently the XB1 adapter won't be compatible with it because it is a wireless headset, so freaking lame
---
MAINSTREAM'D
3DS FC (Stabs): 2964-8667-8190