Someone should make a game where you play with Smartglass

#1jim200Posted 2/28/2014 11:38:42 PM
Applications could include:

- Talking to your tablet/phone/computer prompts the videogame to do something
- Shaking your device or moving it in a certain way registers through Kinect
- Showing the device's screen to your Kinect could prompt the game to do something

and on, and on, and on.

It should be done. I mean come on MS doesn't seem to have any other ideas for the Kinect or Smartglass right now do they? Zoo Tycoon?
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: Gamertag: JemiBitti200 ::: NNID: Jemi200
3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2Lawboy2Posted 2/28/2014 11:42:04 PM
Uve never heard of plants v zombies....it has boss mode
#3I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 2/28/2014 11:46:38 PM
What a terrible idea.

Smartglass should be used to compliment the Xbox One, not be it's main source of input. I would just play mobile games if I wanted to use my extra devices.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#4aszsithPosted 3/1/2014 12:17:09 AM
Smartglass should only be used for supplemental gameplay or optional control. It should never be the primary control feature, and most likely won't. The biggest reason is that Smartglass isn't directly connected to the XBOne. It connects via a network connection. If that connection fails, even for just a moment, you lose complete control of the game. Not to mention this would also cause lag due to latency across the network.

Basically, horrible idea.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#5_SCOTSLADPosted 3/1/2014 1:02:06 AM
You never played Beyond Two Souls.

While not 'smartglass' it does use an app where you can use the ipad to play the game and while it works it is crap!

Complimenting a game is fine but being forced to use a second screen is not good.

Well hang on maybe if a second player in the room has the ipad and can mess with your game that would work.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#6crynryanPosted 3/1/2014 4:44:03 AM
There was a tech demo a while back with Kinect Adventures (the game where you try and hit the balls back to break the blocks), where they used Smartglass to determine where to throw the balls from.

But since Smartglass doesn't connect straight the the console, there is a bit of lag (nothing major, just enough to impact response times) and since it's a touch screen you can't really do a whole lot with controls other than touching stuff or rotating the device. But since Windows 8 can use Smartglass on desktops, you can't exactly rotate or spin them around so having a game like that would exclude all those people.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#7RaRitsujunPosted 3/1/2014 6:46:06 AM
LOL.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#8DarkReign2022Posted 3/1/2014 7:00:39 AM
Fable Legends is Smart Glass-enabled to allow the 5th player, the "Evil Lord" to play directly through the Smartglass App to send minions and set traps for the team of Heroes to try and thwart.

Nano Machines, son.
#9BoomerHelllPosted 3/1/2014 7:04:28 AM
Battlefield 4 multiplayer with smartglass is beast, you get a live feed of the entire map at all times. Haven't tried it with sp tho