The Xbox One is really hitting on on all cylinders lately

#41billsfanno1Posted 3/1/2014 10:11:02 AM
BrownGotti posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
mokmuud posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Also, the X1 is the favored platform for the last two multipats -- Strider (per IGN) and Thief (per Digital Foundry). Titanfall is being upgraded, while Infamous and The Order are being downgraded. Kinect Sports looks great. The one area PS4 still has momentum is Indies, they've had some "big" exclusives announced recently. I don't play Indies on consoles, but PS4 is the best console for the foreseeable future if that's what you want. I actually think MS is fine with Sony owning the cheap/F2P space. X1 will get movement in that area soon, best case is Indie games that are Win8/WinPhone/X1 apps vs. console only.

How is it the favored platform for those games when they perform and look worse. Thing is both are selling well and have their own benefits.

I want to know how Infamous and The Order is being downgraded. Ignorance is flowing strong in that one, lol.

Neither are 1080p/60fps, that's clearly the target for Sony and it's defense force and it's heresy for a first party title not to hit it. Especially when Infamous has lost a lot of detail and effects since E3 -- e.g., no dynamic shadows, it's just ridiculous to see all that lighting in dark areas not result in any shadows other than what's been prerendered. The bullshots will be plenty revealing after that game is released. The Order is 800p and has black bars -- if TF did this the ponies would have a field day.

Should also mention that X1 has had several updates already while PS4 owners still can't even play MP3s. Then there's the new Twitch functionality that goes beyond PS4 capabilities, even Twitch says so.

X1 is on a roll and Sony is currently plateauing with PS4. Heck, Sony didn't even reach an attach rate of 1.0 with non-packed-in software in Japan.

I love my X1 but this post has so much wrong in it. The Order is 1080P the aspect ratio is different because of black bars, the game is not 800P. 1080p refers to pixel density not aspect ratio.

This thread is about "momentum". To say something has momentum requires a relative measurement, against baseline (for X1) or a reference object (PS4). MS has allowed developers to make their own decisions about resolution and framerate and has gotten beaten down hard with the 1080p/60fps stick in this forum. The Order is not 1080p, you can play with numbers all you want but it is not 1080p, nor is it 60fps. The lack of 1080p/60fps on the big releases for PS4 this year yields results in negative momentum, which in reference provides positive momentum for X1 because X1 is holding the line on res/fps. Sorry to TC if the only discussion he intended for this thread was momentum relative to baseline, as I clearly started the relative discussion and stirred the ire of the SDF.
#42BIu-rayPosted 3/1/2014 10:15:46 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
This thread is about "momentum". To say something has momentum requires a relative measurement, against baseline (for X1) or a reference object (PS4). MS has allowed developers to make their own decisions about resolution and framerate and has gotten beaten down hard with the 1080p/60fps stick in this forum. The Order is not 1080p, you can play with numbers all you want but it is not 1080p, nor is it 60fps. The lack of 1080p/60fps on the big releases for PS4 this year yields results in negative momentum, which in reference provides positive momentum for X1 because X1 is holding the line on res/fps. Sorry to TC if the only discussion he intended for this thread was momentum relative to baseline, as I clearly started the relative discussion and stirred the ire of the SDF.

You clearly have no clue what the argument is when it comes to complaints of the Xbox One not hitting 1080p or 60fps. It's got nothing to do with the numbers themselves, but the fact that any version of a multiplat performs better on PS4, and the PS4 is factually the more powerful system.

It's not "slightly" more power either, as some try to mitigate it with. It's considerably more powerful and this would otherwise be fine, except somehow, you're paying more for less with the Xbox One.
#43Blizz87Posted 3/1/2014 10:29:04 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
BSerenity posted...
mokmuud posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Also, the X1 is the favored platform for the last two multipats -- Strider (per IGN) and Thief (per Digital Foundry). Titanfall is being upgraded, while Infamous and The Order are being downgraded. Kinect Sports looks great. The one area PS4 still has momentum is Indies, they've had some "big" exclusives announced recently. I don't play Indies on consoles, but PS4 is the best console for the foreseeable future if that's what you want. I actually think MS is fine with Sony owning the cheap/F2P space. X1 will get movement in that area soon, best case is Indie games that are Win8/WinPhone/X1 apps vs. console only.

How is it the favored platform for those games when they perform and look worse. Thing is both are selling well and have their own benefits.

I want to know how Infamous and The Order is being downgraded. Ignorance is flowing strong in that one, lol.

Neither are 1080p/60fps, that's clearly the target for Sony and it's defense force and it's heresy for a first party title not to hit it. Especially when Infamous has lost a lot of detail and effects since E3 -- e.g., no dynamic shadows, it's just ridiculous to see all that lighting in dark areas not result in any shadows other than what's been prerendered. The bullshots will be plenty revealing after that game is released. The Order is 800p and has black bars -- if TF did this the ponies would have a field day.

Should also mention that X1 has had several updates already while PS4 owners still can't even play MP3s. Then there's the new Twitch functionality that goes beyond PS4 capabilities, even Twitch says so.

X1 is on a roll and Sony is currently plateauing with PS4. Heck, Sony didn't even reach an attach rate of 1.0 with non-packed-in software in Japan.

Yea the X1 is finally fixing the train wreck of a UI and finally getting some games in 1080. Besides Titanfall what's to get excited about? Halo 4 was medicore and halo 5 will probably be the same. Plus MS lacks varity in exclusives it's nothing but shooters. If shooters is your thing then yea, X1 is your system. If you want more than just shooter after shooter.
#44billsfanno1Posted 3/1/2014 10:44:01 AM
Blizz87 posted...

Yea the X1 is finally fixing the train wreck of a UI and finally getting some games in 1080. Besides Titanfall what's to get excited about? Halo 4 was medicore and halo 5 will probably be the same. Plus MS lacks varity in exclusives it's nothing but shooters. If shooters is your thing then yea, X1 is your system. If you want more than just shooter after shooter.

Not much of a shooter fan myself, though PvZ:GW is a blast. I've enjoyed the hell out of Powerstar Golf. Also had a lot of fun with Max, Peggle 2, DR3 and Ryse. -- all exclusives that aren't shooters. Looking forward to Kinect Sports Rivals and Project Spark in the near future, again not shooters. Plus, Rayman Legends, Lego and Child of Light, not exclusives but also not shooters. There are a lot of great games on X1 for families and people tired of shooters, WiiU is probably the only one better at this currently.
#45RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/1/2014 12:05:36 PM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...
Blizz87 posted...

Not much of a shooter fan myself, though PvZ:GW is a blast. I've enjoyed the hell out of Powerstar Golf. Also had a lot of fun with Max, Peggle 2, DR3 and Ryse. -- all exclusives that aren't shooters. Looking forward to Kinect Sports Rivals and Project Spark in the near future, again not shooters. Plus, Rayman Legends, Lego and Child of Light, not exclusives but also not shooters. There are a lot of great games on X1 for families and people tired of shooters, WiiU is probably the only one better at this currently.
thanks for quoting blitz so I had to see his garbage posting again lol.

In reply to blitz XB1 does dominate the FPS world. But they also have every sport title out there except The Show. They have the best selection of Zombie games (DR3, Dying Light, Evil Within). They have 3rd person games (PvZ, Gears, Ryse, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Division, etc..). All the multiplats PS4 has. Only area XB lacks is the 12 and under group that Nintendo appeals too. Try harder buddy, thanks for confirming why I already had you on my ignore list
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
kcypher2000 said it best
#468waystomondayPosted 3/1/2014 12:07:47 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Blizz87 posted...

In reply to blitz XB1 does dominate the FPS world. But they also have every sport title out there except The Show. They have the best selection of Zombie games (DR3, Dying Light, Evil Within). They have 3rd person games (PvZ, Gears, Ryse, Tomb Raider, Sunset Overdrive, Division, etc..). All the multiplats PS4 has. Only area XB lacks is the 12 and under group that Nintendo appeals too. Try harder buddy, thanks for confirming why I already had you on my ignore list

You seem to forget a few genres that X1 does not dominate in and those are JRPG's and Fighting games. Plus not all FPS are dominate on Msoft consoles Battlefield had more players online last gen on ps3 but Im not sure about online numbers for this gen yet.
#47BSerenityPosted 3/1/2014 12:10:02 PM
RS_YELARAKA posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Blizz87 posted...

You do know those two games are not exclusive right? Not all the multiplats.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#48BSerenityPosted 3/1/2014 12:11:26 PM
8waystomonday posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Blizz87 posted...

You seem to forget a few genres that X1 does not dominate in and those are JRPG's and Fighting games. Plus not all FPS are dominate on Msoft consoles Battlefield had more players online last gen on ps3 but Im not sure about online numbers for this gen yet.

PS4 version of BF has nearly 10k more players daily over the XBO version.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#49RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/1/2014 12:15:16 PM(edited)
I dont play fighters much but XB1 has 5 confirmed or already out

Killer Instinct
Dive Kick
EA UFC
Fighter Within
Legend of Raven

To say XB1 isn't diverse is comical.

Also nice account created Feb 28th.... ignore +1
---
kcypher2000 said it best
#50RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/1/2014 12:14:39 PM
BSerenity posted...
RS_YELARAKA posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Blizz87 posted...

You do know those two games are not exclusive right? Not all the multiplats.
what does that have to do with proving XB1 isn't all about shooters? You are trying too hard broski
---
kcypher2000 said it best