What will you watch with Twitch on X1?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 3/1/2014 8:18:40 AM
I'm wanted to know what other people will be watching, to give me some ideas. I know I'll be watching a lot of Rayman Legends, cause I'm really interested in buying that game, but what else? GTA 5, just to see what all the fuss is about.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#2evecharmevePosted 3/1/2014 8:20:03 AM
Playing pokemon.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#3liquidblue4Posted 3/1/2014 8:30:56 AM
Twitch has been out since launch.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#4krystylaPosted 3/1/2014 8:31:55 AM(edited)
I've primarily watched Wildstar so far.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#5DarkReign2022Posted 3/1/2014 8:35:36 AM
Twitch has been viewable, yes, but the live feed for Xbox One games is going to be available come the next update. We'll be able to watch people playing XB1 games finally.

Personally, I probably won't use this feature very often, but I might hop on for the occasional game I don't have the patience to play myself. I'm a story-based gamer, though, so it's going to bug the crap out of me if it's one of those people that doesn't explore his settings or skips cutscenes, so it might not be very useful for this purpose.

I'm a Halo speedrunner myself, so I'll probably setup monthly Halo playthroughs that take people through the story. Speed through the gameplay, but stick around for dialog and cutscenes for people opting out of a purchase.
#6mike468Posted 3/1/2014 8:37:39 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
Twitch has been out since launch.

This.

The updated twitch app will let you stream directly from the system, which you can't do right now, and hopefully it will also let you log-in to your twitch account to access streams you are following. Right now you can't do that.

You can still brows channels right now though. I've been watching mostly fighting games like Killer Instinct and Street Fighter. I'll probably still continue to watch those channels as well as the various FGC tournaments when they are on. Mostly on evening from Thursday-Sunday.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#7MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 9:17:55 AM
I ask because I plan on watching a lot of PC games, and a few PS4 games like Infamous when it comes out. Pretty sure you can't do that right now.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#8cheezedadadaPosted 3/1/2014 9:21:58 AM(edited)
MrImpatient35 posted...
I ask because I plan on watching a lot of PC games, and a few PS4 games like Infamous when it comes out. Pretty sure you can't do that right now.

You can. I was actually watching someone twitch stream Outlast from their PS4 last night. I already bought the game on the PC, but wanted to see it again but didnt feel like suffering through the uncomfortable feeling you get playing it haha.

I cant wait for the Xbox One streaming to show up though. I will use it to make purchasing decisions because I have been able to tell whether I like a game enough to buy it by watching someone else play.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#9mike468Posted 3/1/2014 9:32:44 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...

yes you can. The system doesn't block twitch streaming of other consoles. Otherwise how would you explain being able to watch people play games like pokemon and League of legends. Actually League of legends is featured prominently on the twitch main page on XBO.

While i haven't seen games like Killzone actively advertised on the twitch main page, I highly doubt it is being blocked. It's probably based on popularity.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#10krillin4553Posted 3/1/2014 10:26:44 AM
Yeah, you can watch whatever. I've been watching Drakengard 3 and Gundam Extreme on my Xbone lately. As well as Twitch Plays Pokemon. Every now and then there have been people streaming Killer Instinct on Twitch. They must be using some form of capture device for that.
---
XBL/PSN/NinID: DocDrazen. Proud owner of all current/next Gen systems/custom build PC. What console war? XD